Resolution of Board of Commissioners approved August 11, 1987. Amendment of January 23, 2001 to increase the number of members from ten (10) to fifteen (15); April 14, 2009 clarification of January 23, 2001 action by correcting the attachment to the 2001 minutes to accurately reflect the appointment method and terms of members.
Composed of fifteen (15) members appointed by the BOC (three (3) appointments per BOC member). Members must be Cobb County residents. Members serve without compensation but may be reimbursed for actual, reasonable and necessary expenses incurred on Board business and approved by the BOC.
Terms for the initial ten (10) appointees (Posts 1-10) are to run concurrent with those terms of the appointing commissioner. Terms of appointment for the five (5) additional members approved by resolution of January 23, 2001, are to be for two (2) years. The BOC may remove any member, with or without cause, at any time. No member shall have any relationship with any firm involved in the transit program.
The Transit Board members elect their own officers as they deem necessary. The Board shall recommend for adoption by the BOC such Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, or Amendments thereto, as it deems necessary for the enhancement of public transportation for Cobb County.
The Board shall:
- Recommend plans and actions to acquire, develop, construct, complete, own, operate and maintain a public transit system;
- Recommend routes, hours, and frequency of operation, and fares, rates, fees, tolls or charges of the transit system;
- Recommend entering into contracts or agreements with any public or private corporation or other person or with the U.S., State of Georgia, any cities or any other government unit, authorities, or political subdivisions in order to exercise or carry out its powers and purposes;
- To submit an annual budget for approval, an annual report and other reports to the BOC;
- Recommend financial arrangement to accomplish the purposes of the resolution creating the Transit Board;
- Recommend acquisitions, holding, use, selling, lease or disposition of real and personal property.
The Board has no power to incur bonded indebtedness or to levy taxes, or to incur indebtedness or contractually bind Cobb County unless specifically authorized by resolution of the BOC.
|Member Name||Appointed By||Term|
|Andy Smith||Commissioner Ott||12/31/2020|
|Frank Savini||Commissioner Ott||12/31/2020|
|Ron Sifen||Commissioner Ott||02/13/2021|
|Forrest Shealy||Commissioner Gambrill||12/31/2022|
|Mark Riggans||Commissioner Gambrill||12/31/2022|
|Kenneth W. Marlin, Chair||Commissioner Gambrill||12/31/2022|
|James Darden||Commissioner Cupid||12/31/2020|
|Allison Bickers||Commissioner Cupid||12/31/2020|
|Dania Aponte||Commissioner Cupid||12/31/2020|
|Jeff Souther||Commissioner Birrell||12/31/2022|
|Wes Ruff||Commissioner Birrell||12/31/2022|
|Cheri Newton||Commissioner Birrell||02/13/2021|
|Bob Goodwin||Chairman Boyce||12/31/2020|
|Dan Vargas||Chairman Boyce||12/31/2020|
|Ronald M. Roberts||Chairman Boyce||02/13/2021|