Resolution of Board of Commissioners approved August 11, 1987. Amendment of January 23, 2001 to increase the number of members from ten (10) to fifteen (15); April 14, 2009 clarification of January 23, 2001 action by correcting the attachment to the 2001 minutes to accurately reflect the appointment method and terms of members.
Composed of fifteen (15) members appointed by the BOC (three (3) appointments per BOC member). Members must be Cobb County residents. Members serve without compensation but may be reimbursed for actual, reasonable and necessary expenses incurred on Board business and approved by the BOC.
Terms for the initial ten (10) appointees (Posts 1-10) are to run concurrent with those terms of the appointing commissioner. Terms of appointment for the five (5) additional members approved by resolution of January 23, 2001, are to be for two (2) years. The BOC may remove any member, with or without cause, at any time. No member shall have any relationship with any firm involved in the transit program.
The Transit Board members elect their own officers as they deem necessary. The Board shall recommend for adoption by the BOC such Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, or Amendments thereto, as it deems necessary for the enhancement of public transportation for Cobb County.
The Board shall:
- Recommend plans and actions to acquire, develop, construct, complete, own, operate and maintain a public transit system;
- Recommend routes, hours, and frequency of operation, and fares, rates, fees, tolls or charges of the transit system;
- Recommend entering into contracts or agreements with any public or private corporation or other person or with the U.S., State of Georgia, any cities or any other government unit, authorities, or political subdivisions in order to exercise or carry out its powers and purposes;
- To submit an annual budget for approval, an annual report and other reports to the BOC;
- Recommend financial arrangement to accomplish the purposes of the resolution creating the Transit Board;
- Recommend acquisitions, holding, use, selling, lease or disposition of real and personal property.
The Board has no power to incur bonded indebtedness or to levy taxes, or to incur indebtedness or contractually bind Cobb County unless specifically authorized by resolution of the BOC.
To comply with social distancing guidelines, some meetings are being held virtually until further notice. Regular meetings schedules have also been adjusted. To register for these virtual meetings and view the current schedule, please follow the link provided below.
Meetings for the TAB occur every 4th Monday of the month from 6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m. Regular meetings for the AAC occur the 3rd Monday of every other month from 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. Regular meetings for both bodies are held at 463 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 114, Marietta, GA 30060.
In addition, the TAB and the AAC have two joint meetings during the year in lieu of their regular meetings. Joint meetings are held from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at 431 Commerce Park Drive, Marietta, GA 30060.
Please visit CobbLinc’s web page to verify meeting times, dates and locations.
About Transit Advisory Board (TAB) Meetings
The TAB regularly reviews CobbLinc operations and performance data and makes recommendations related to the following:
- plans and actions to acquire, develop, construct, complete, own, operate and maintain a public transit system
- routes, hours, and frequency of operation, and fares, rates, fees, tolls or charges of the transit system
- acquisitions, holding, use, selling, lease or disposition of real and personal property
- contracts or agreements with any public or private corporation or other person or with the U.S., State of Georgia, any cities or any other government unit, authorities, or political subdivisions
In addition, the TAB is tasked with submitting an annual to the Cobb County Board of Commissioners.
About Accessibility Advisory Committee (AAC) Meetings
The AAC regularly reviews CobbLinc's services and programs offered to elderly and disabled populations, making recommendations for improvements and/or additional programs or services and providing guidance in these matters to members of the Transit Advisory Board and CobbLinc staff.
In addition, the AAC is tasked with submitting an annual report to the TAB on the transportation services provided by CobbLinc to elderly and disabled populations.
|Member Name||Appointed By||Term|
|Walter Kolis||Commissioner Richardson||12/31/2024|
|Ed Finnegan||Commissioner Richardson||12/31/2024|
|Ron Sifen||Commissioner Ott||02/13/2021|
|Forrest Shealy||Commissioner Gambrill||02/13/2021|
|Mark Riggans||Commissioner Gambrill||12/31/2022|
|Kenneth W. Marlin, Chair||Commissioner Gambrill||12/31/2022|
|James Darden||Commissioner Cupid||12/31/2020|
|Allison Bickers||Commissioner Sheffield||02/13/2023|
|Dania Aponte||Commissioner Sheffield||12/31/2024|
|Jeff Souther||Commissioner Birrell||12/31/2022|
|David Persson||Commissioner Birrell||12/31/2022|
|Cheri Newton||Commissioner Birrell||02/13/2023|
|Matthew Stigall||Chairwoman Cupid||12/31/2024|
|Lasandra Boykin||Chairwoman Cupid||12/31/2024|
|Ronald M. Roberts||Chairman Boyce||02/13/2021|