Resolution of BOC dated February 26, 1991. (This Council supersedes the unofficial Ambulance Review Board formed in 1984.) Resolution of July 8, 1997; Resolution of November 27, 2001.
Comprised of the following persons:
- The Director of the Cobb County Department of Public Safety or his designee, who will serve as Chairman of the Council;
- The Fire Chief or his/her designee of the cities of Austell, Marietta and Smyrna, the Cobb County Fire & Emergency Services, and Dobbins Air Reserve Base;
- The Police Chief or his/her designee of the cities of Acworth, Austell, Kennesaw, Marietta, Powder Springs and Smyrna and the Cobb County Police Department;
- One Emergency Room physician each from Kennestone Hospital, Cobb Hospital and Medical Center and Emory Adventist Hospital;
- A representative from each of the 911 zoned ambulance providers;
- The combined non-911 ambulance providers within Cobb County;
- The Manager of the Cobb County 911 Communications Center;
- The Cobb County 800 MHz Director;
- The Director of Security for Cobb schools;
- and the Department of Human Resources representative from Region III will serve on the committee as an advisory member.
The Council has the responsibility of coordinating the operations of, and giving guidance to, each of the providers of the emergency medical services system, monitoring the performance of such emergency medical services, and reporting to the Board of Commissioners on such services.
The Council shall conduct meetings as deemed necessary but at least once each calendar quarter. The Council shall report its findings and recommendations on the provision of emergency medical services in Cobb County to the Board of Commissioners at least annually.
Members receive no compensation.
Public Safety Agency