Resolution of BOC dated July 8, 1986. (Replaced Board created per BOC minutes of May 23, 1978); Amendment of 3-9-93 regarding method of appointment.
Composed of five (5) members as follows:
- Post 1 - a member of the Cobb Home Builders Association,
- Post 2 - a builder with an emphasis on residential construction in the Eastern District of Cobb County,
- Post 3 - a builder with an emphasis on residential construction in the Western District of Cobb County,
- Post 4 - a homeowner residing in the Eastern District of Cobb County,
- Post 5 - a homeowner residing in the Western District of Cobb County.
After initially staggered terms, members serve terms to run concurrent with that of the appointing Commissioner and members serve at the pleasure of the appointing Commissioner. Members absent without cause from two consecutive meetings are automatically terminated from membership. Members select their Chairman who also serves on the Board of Adjustments and Appeals.
Members receive no compensation.
This Board has the authority and duty to review and recommend on matters referred to it by the Board of Adjustments and Appeals, to provide technical advice on the Building Inspections Department operations and to assist in reviewing and recommending any necessary changes to the Cobb County Building Code.
|J. L. Brooks
|Jim Gantt Fausett
Kevin Gobble, Chief Building Official