Resolution of Board of Commissioners dated July 8, 1986; Amendment of 3-9-93 regarding method of appointment. Code Section 18-36 was approved by the BOC on 2-9-21 to amend the membership, terms, and appointments.
Consists of nine (9) members as follows:
- Post 1 - Registered design professional with architectural experience or a building or superintendent of building construction with not fewer than 10 years of experience, 5 of which shall been in responsible charge of work;
- Post 2 - Registered design professional with structural engineering experience;
- Post 3 - Registered design professional with mechanical and plumbing engineering experience or a mechanical contractor with not fewer than 10 years of experience, 5 of which shall been in responsible charge of work;
- Post 4 - Registered design professional with electrical engineering experience or an electrical contractor with not fewer than 10 years of experience, 5 of which shall been in responsible charge of work;
- Post 5 - Registered design professional with fire protection engineering experience or a fire protection contractor with not fewer than 10 years of experience, 5 of which shall have in responsible charge of work;
- The remaining four members of the board of adjustments and appeals shall be composed of the several chairmen of the respective county inspection department advisory boards created until Chapter 18 of the County Code.
- The Board shall appoint two alternate members who shall be called by the board chairperson to hear appeals during the absence or disqualification of a member. Alternate members shall possess the qualifications for board members from one of the professions or disciplines listed within this subsection.
The Board of Commissioners shall appoint five members to the board of adjustments and appeals. Each member appointed shall serve for 5 years of until a successor has been appointed by the Board of Commissioners.
Any vacancies on the board of adjustments and appeals shall be filled for the unexpired term in the manner in which original appointments are made. No member shall be eligible for reappointment earlier than one year following the end of such member's previous term, with the exception of appointments immediately following any initial appointment under this section. Members absent without cause from two consecutive meetings shall be automatically terminated from membership upon the Board.
|Member Name||Appointed By||Term|
|Larry Kay||Commissioner Ott||12/31/2020|
|Charles Koninsky||Commissioner Birrell||12/31/2026|
|Dale Bercher - HBAB||Home Builders Advisory Board||12/31/2024|
|Steven L. Askea - EAB||Electrical Advisory Board||12/31/2020|
|Winston Wells - PAB||Plumbing Advisory Board||12/31/2020|
|- HVAC AB||HVAC Advisory Board||12/31/2020|
|Darryl Cook||Chairman Boyce||12/31/2020|
|Joey Hipps||Commissioner Gambrill||12/31/2026|
Chief Building Official