Created to assist the Board of Commissioners in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities by reviewing and evaluating the County's financial information, established systems of internal controls, and the internal audit function.
Consists of six (6) members:
- 1) Chairman, Board of Commissioners;
- 2) One District Commissioner;
- 3, 4) Two (2) Elected Officials;
- 5, 6) Two (2) Citizen members with expertise in the areas of accounting, auditing, internal control and local government operations.
District Commissioners will serve on a rotating basis annually:
- District 3 Commissioner will serve for 2018
- District 4 Commissioner will serve for 2019
- District 2 Commissioner will serve for 2020
- District 1 Commissioner will serve for 2021
The rotation cycle will be repeated unless changed by formal action of the Board of Commissioners. Elected Officials and citizen members will be appointed by a majority vote of the Board of Commissioners. Elected Officials and citizen members will serve at the pleasure of the Board of Commissioners and may be removed at any time, with or without cause.
The Chairman of the Board of Commissioners shall serve as the Chairman of the committee and all other officers shall be elected by the committee. The committee will determine its purpose and develop its charter and present the same to the Board of Commissioners for adoption. The committee has no power to incur debt or contractually bind Cobb County unless specifically authorized by resolution of the Board of Commissioners. Committee members will receive no compensation, and the committee shall continue in existence unless other action is taken by the Board of Commissioners to deactivate or dissolve the committee.
- Mike Boyce, BOC Chairman
- Lisa Cupid, BOC District 4 Commissioner
- Angie Davis, Clerk of State Court, Elected Official
- Carla Jackson, CPA, Tax Commissioner, Elected Official
- Brett McClung, CPA, Citizen Member
- Laurie Dyke, CPA/CFF, CFE, CFC, Citizen Member