Ga. Code Annotated 31-3-1 through 31-3-16, as amended.
Consists of eight (8) members as follows:
- Chief Executive Office of the County,
- County Superintendent of Schools,
- Licensed physician actively practicing medicine in the county - appointed by the BOC,
- Consumer, a representative of a consumer or a person from an advocacy agency or group representing the county's consumers of health services - appointed by the BOC,
- Person interested in promoting public health who is a consumer or a licensed nurse - appointed by City of Marietta or largest municipality,
- Consumer member who will represent the county's needy, underprivileged or elderly community - appointed by the BOC,
- Chief Executive Officer of the City of Marietta or largest municipality, and
- Superintendent of City of Marietta City Schools or largest municipality who will serve as an ex officio member (#8 applies only in counties with population greater than 400,000 but less than 500,000).
Following initially staggered terms, members 3, 4, 5 and 6 serve six (6) year terms. Members 1, 2, 7 and 8 serve by virtue of their positions.
Powers of this Board are enumerated in Ga. Code Section 31-3-4. The BOC is required by Ga. Code Section 31-3-9 to provide the Board with quarters and equipment sufficient for its operation and, per 31-3-10, the Board may require the legal services of the County Attorney.
The Board appoints a physician licensed to practice medicine to serve as its chief executive officer and director who otherwise meets the requirements of the State Merit System of Personnel Administration. Members are paid not more than $10.00 per day for attendance at meetings subject to limitations.
- Mike Boyce
- Chris Ragsdale
- Carol Holtz
- Pete Quinones
- W. Wyman Pilcher, III
- Dr. James Tallman
- Steve Tumlin
- Dr. Paula Greaves
- Grant Rivera
Cobb County Board of Health
1650 County Services Parkway