BOC action of June 10, 2008. BOC action of February 9, 2010
This Board shall consist of eleven members serving without compensation. Membership shall be defined as follows:
- Five (5) members shall reside in the county who have demonstrated special interest or experience in the Airport and/or aviation (“Resident Members”). The Commission Chair of the BOC shall appoint one (1) resident member, and each Commissioner shall appoint one (1) resident member to the Board. Each Resident Member shall demonstrate knowledge, training, and/or experience in at least one of the following areas:
- One (1) member shall represent the Fixed Based Operator on the Airport (“FBO Member”). The Fixed Based Operator’s ownership shall appoint one (1) FBO Member to the Board.
- One (1) member shall be a District Commissioner who shall function as a liaison between the Board of Commissioners and the Advisory Board, and who shall not have a vote unless needed to break a tie. The Chair of the Board of Commissioners shall appoint the liaison member. The term of the liaison member shall be two years or until the end of the liaison member’s term as District Commissioner, whichever is less.
- One (1) member shall be a member of the Development Authority of Cobb County, and shall be appointed by the Development Authority of Cobb County (“Development Authority Member”)
- One (1) member shall represent the Town Center Community Improvement District (“CID Member”). The CID shall appoint the CID Member to the Board.
- One (1) member shall represent the pilots based at the Airport (“Pilot Member”). Pilots based at the Airport shall be invited to submit a letter of interest to serve, one of which shall be appointed by a Committee composed of the officers of the Board.
- One (1) member shall be an elected official of the City of Kennesaw and shall represent the City of Kennesaw. The Mayor of the City of Kennesaw shall appoint the City of Kennesaw Member. The term of the City of Kennesaw member shall be two years or until the end of the member’s term as an elected official of the City of Kennesaw, whichever is less.
The term of office for each member shall be two years, expiring as set forth in Exhibit A or until successors are appointed. The members shall serve at the pleasure of the appointing entity and may be removed with or without cause. Additionally, the BOC may remove any Member for cause after such Member is provided an opportunity to be heard with regard to the reasons for the proposed removal. There shall be no limit on consecutive terms. Except for the members in Post (3) and Post (7), no person who holds a local (county or municipal) elective public office shall be eligible to serve as a member of the Board during the term of such elective office, and the position of any member shall be deemed vacant upon such member qualifying as a candidate for elective public office.
In the event of a vacancy on the Board either by resignation, death, change of residence, removal, or for any reason, the Board Chairman or his designee, within thirty (30) days after such vacancy, shall notify the entity that made the appointment and request a new appointment be made to complete the remaining term. All vacancies shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointments.
The purpose of the Board is to act only in an advisory capacity and to assist the BOC by advising the BOC on subjects within the scope of the Board’s responsibilities set forth below. The Board shall not have the power or authority to bind the County or any officer, agent, or employee thereof, or act in an agency capacity for the County or the BOC. The Board shall specifically have the duty to consider, evaluate, and offer suggestions to the BOC. All such suggestions within the scope of responsibilities as set forth below must be in writing and delivered to the Airport Manager, who will have the responsibility of providing the suggestions to the BOC.
To comply with social distancing guidelines, some meetings are being held virtually until further notice. Regular meetings schedules have also been adjusted. To register for these virtual meetings and view the current schedule, please follow the link provided below.
Meetings for the TAB occur every 4th Monday of the month from 6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m. Regular meetings for the AAC occur the 3rd Monday of every other month from 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. Regular meetings for both bodies are held at 463 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 114, Marietta, GA 30060.
In addition, the TAB and the AAC have two joint meetings during the year in lieu of their regular meetings. Joint meetings are held from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at 431 Commerce Park Drive, Marietta, GA 30060.
Please visit CobbLinc’s web page to verify meeting times, dates and locations.
About Transit Advisory Board (TAB) Meetings
The TAB regularly reviews CobbLinc operations and performance data and makes recommendations related to the following:
- plans and actions to acquire, develop, construct, complete, own, operate and maintain a public transit system
- routes, hours, and frequency of operation, and fares, rates, fees, tolls or charges of the transit system
- acquisitions, holding, use, selling, lease or disposition of real and personal property
- contracts or agreements with any public or private corporation or other person or with the U.S., State of Georgia, any cities or any other government unit, authorities, or political subdivisions
In addition, the TAB is tasked with submitting an annual to the Cobb County Board of Commissioners.
About Accessibility Advisory Committee (AAC) Meetings
The AAC regularly reviews CobbLinc's services and programs offered to elderly and disabled populations, making recommendations for improvements and/or additional programs or services and providing guidance in these matters to members of the Transit Advisory Board and CobbLinc staff.
In addition, the AAC is tasked with submitting an annual report to the TAB on the transportation services provided by CobbLinc to elderly and disabled populations.
|Member Name||Appointed By||Term|
|James Boyle||Chairman Boyce||12/31/2020|
|C.B. Fair, III||Commissioner Gambrill||12/31/2020|
|Charmaine Chin||Commissioner Cupid||12/31/2020|
|Dave Kucko||Hawthorne Global||12/31/2021|
|Clark Hungerford||Development Authority of Cobb||12/31/2021|
|Alisha Smith||Town Center CID||12/31/2021|
|Roger Taylor||Pilot Member||12/31/2021|
|JoAnn K. Birrell||Chairman Boyce||12/31/2020|
|Derek Easterling||City of Kennesaw||12/31/2021|
|Mitchell Rivera||Commissioner Ott||12/31/2020|
|Chip Kaczynski, Chair||Commissioner Birrell||12/31/2020|