Cobb County Public Library provides meeting room space for library sponsored or co-sponsored programs as well as a service to the community for use by non-profit organizations and government or public education agencies. Priority for use will be given to library-related and county government programs and those co-sponsored by the Library. The libraries may set aside certain times for library-related programs. Permission to use the meeting rooms does not constitute an endorsement of an individual’s or group’s policies or viewpoints. Approval does not constitute a “co-sponsoring” relationship and should not be represented to the public as such. A nonrefundable fee of $25 per meeting is due at the time of approval.
The following libraries have meeting spaces available for reservations. Please click on the branch for more information about the library and for contact information for that location.
To find out if a specific date is available, please contact the location you’d like to reserve.
- Switzer: Capacity: 124.
- East Cobb: Capacity: 100.
- Gritters: Capacity: 55.
- Kemp: Capacity: 40. Please note: parking is limited at this location.
- Mountain View Regional: Capacity: 105.
- North Cobb Regional: Capacity: 150.
- Powder Springs: Capacity: 50.
- Sewell Mill: Capacity: 70.
- South Cobb Regional: Capacity: 100.
- Stratton: Capacity: 48. Please note: parking is limited at this location.
- Vinings: Capacity: 50. Please note: parking is limited at this location.
- West Cobb Regional: Capacity: 65.
Eligible community groups will be granted permission for use on a first-come, first-served and space available basis. Space may be reserved for such events as workshops, conferences, institutes, book discussions, training, touring exhibits, and programs.
Examples of organizations and permitted uses are as follows:
- Friends of the Library
- Cobb Library Foundation
- Governmental (group sponsored by city, county, state, or federal agency)
Reservations and Approvals
- An official of the requesting organization must complete an online reservation request. A reservation is not confirmed until approved by the Library Regional Manager and payment is received. An application must be submitted at least one week prior to the meeting date and the meeting room fee must be paid before the meeting occurs. There is no “same day” approval.
- A room fee of $25.00 is charged for each instance the meeting room is booked. The fee is non-refundable, unless the library is closed due to inclement weather.
- Notice of cancellation should be made to the library no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled meeting. The meeting room fee is non-refundable.
- If a group fails to show for two consecutive meetings and does not notify the library of the cancellation, future reservations will be forfeited.
- The Board of Trustees of Cobb County Public Library reserves the right to review any or all applications and may demand sufficient time to make proper investigations before action is taken on a request and may reject an application.
- With the exception of fundraising programs which generate financial support exclusively for the Library System (e.g., author lectures and workshops sponsored by the Cobb Library Foundation) all programs and meetings must be free and open to the public. Unless otherwise provided, no admission fee may be charged, and only voluntary donations may be collected. Groups may charge for materials used in the program or allow membership dues to be collected, but no other money transaction may be made.
Use of Meeting Room After Hours
- Switzer, Mountain View Regional, South Cobb Regional, West Cobb Regional, East Cobb, and Sewell Mill libraries’meeting rooms are available after hours for a fee. The fee of $100.00 is applied to any meeting going one hour or any portion of the hour beyond the library’s normal closing hour for that day. The fee must be paid at the time of reservation. An additional fee of $100.00 will be charged for any portion of the hour a meeting goes beyond the pre-arranged one-hour after closing extension.
- The group must vacate the meeting room by the pre-arranged one-hour after closing extension or be charged an additional fee.
- Groups cannot reserve the room for only the one hour after hours. Meetings must begin at least an hour before closing time.
- Requests to stay after hours will not be accepted on the day of the meeting.
Library’s Right to Cancel or Deny Use
The Library reserves the right to cancel or deny use of meeting rooms to an eligible group due to the following:
- Library-sponsored and county-sponsored programs take precedence over room use by outside organizations.
- Library reserves the right to revoke permission for the use of any meeting space for any organization found to be in violation of this policy.
- Meeting spaces are not available for the benefit or self-promotion of individuals, political candidates, or commercial products or services. Unless otherwise specified, no sales or soliciting is permitted.
- Meeting spaces are not available to organizations, including political parties or candidates, for fund-raising purposes
- Meeting spaces are not available for rallies or campaigns of political candidates. However, political forums or political study groups are permitted, so long as they are open to the public.
- Meeting spaces are not available for social activities (e.g., weddings, birthday parties) or fund-raising activities (except those benefiting the library).
- Smoking and open flames are not permitted in any library facility.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served.
- The room must be left in the condition in which it was found.
- Light food, not requiring extensive preparation, may be served in those libraries with kitchens connected to the multipurpose rooms. All refuse must be left in waste containers or taken by the sponsoring group. All tables and chairs must be cleaned.
- Materials may not be taped or tacked to wall surfaces.
- All groups must comply with fire and access codes that regulate the library.
- All groups assume full responsibility for the group’s behavior and any damages to the facility or equipment which may occur while using the facility.
- Notice of cancellation should be made to the library as soon as possible. Failure to appear 30 minutes after scheduled times may result in forfeit of reservation.
- Groups may not transfer or assign their reservation to other groups.
Use of library equipment must be requested when reserving a meeting room. Library staff is not available to work the equipment. Library staff is not available for furniture/equipment setup and operation of the equipment
- The following library equipment is provided at no charge at select facilities (please call in advance):
- Podium/microphone, if available
- TV/DVD, where available
- LCD projector, where available
- The following equipment and supplies are not provided:
- Flip charts and markers
- Dry erase boards and markers
- Extension cords
- Copy services
- Ice machines
- The library will assess fees if library equipment or property is damaged or if special cleaning is necessary after the meeting.
- The library is not responsible for the loss of and/or damage to equipment owned by the group. The library cannot store equipment or supplies belonging to a group.
- Wi-Fi is available in library meeting rooms.
Reserve a Meeting Room Online
Need help navigating online reservations? Download our