Cobb County Public Library (CCPL) offers Interlibrary Loan (ILL) as a FREE* service to all library patrons 17 years of age and older with a valid CCPL library card in good standing. ILLs allow our cardholders access to materials that are not available in our collection.
Items requested must be over $10.00 in value (i.e. no mass-market paperbacks) and under $200.00 in value (no rare, expensive books).
Patrons can have up to 5 ILLs out at one time. These titles must have been out for at least one calendar year as library systems do not normally lend new materials to other systems.
Libraries also do not lend rare or fragile items, eBooks, audio-visual materials, or items in high demand. Most libraries do not lend genealogy, microfilm, or items designated as reference in their catalogs.
*There may be a cost if the lending library has a cost associated with the requested book, but over 99% of our ILL requests are free of charge.
By submitting a request, you are acknowledging that, as a borrower, you are responsible for:
- Any charges assessed by the lending institution, whether or not you choose to use the item
- Overdue fines of $2.00 per day as assessed by Cobb County Public Library and additional overdue fines and/or fees imposed by the lending institution
- The responsibility for the item if it is lost or damaged from the time it leaves the supplying library until it has been returned to and received by the supplying library
- If damage or loss occurs, provide compensation or replacement in accordance with the preference of the supplying library
- Compliance with the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code)
- I further understand that failure to pick up requested items, failure to pay fines or fees, or failure to return items on time or in good condition may result in the loss of my ILL or library privileges.
After reviewing the Interlibrary Loan Guidelines, please sign the Interlibrary Loan Authorization below. You may then visit WorldCat to locate an item to request and fill out your request in the ILL request form below.
- To request an item, use the Acceptance of Agreement Form below.
- You can use WorldCat to locate items that you would like to request.
- Search WorldCat for your title. Once you locate the item that you want to request, copy the title, author, publication date, and OCLC number from the item record.
- Review the request form. Make sure that you have correctly entered the item information. Submit a format, pickup location, and a library fee.
- Make sure that you include your full name, preferred contact number, and email contact information.
- Submit the form using the “Submit” button.
- In the event that you need to cancel an ILL, please call our ILL department as soon as possible: (770) 528-2339, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Visit WorldCat to locate the item that you would like to request, and use the web form below to submit authorization and the ILL request.