Book Club Kits
Do you host your own book club? Check out our Book Club Kits! Book Club Kits are a book club in a bag. They include everything you need for your book club, and they're completely free to use.
Book Club Kit Details
Cobb County Public Library offers Book Club Kits as a service to all library patrons with valid Cobb County Public Library cards in good standing.
What’s in a Book Club Kit?
- 12 copies (unless otherwise specified) of one title
- A discussion guide and questions (when available)
- A sign out sheet
- A canvas bag
How do I reserve a kit?
- Cobb County Resident:
- Patrons of other Georgia Public Libraries:
- Choose a title from the Book Club Kit list.
- Contact your local library Interlibrary Loan Department.
- The Interlibrary Loan staff will fill out Book Club Kit request form for Georgia Public Libraries online, and submit it on your behalf.
- Kits may be reserved up to 6 months ahead of time. Kits are reserved on a first come, first served basis; however, priority is given to Cobb County Public Library patrons. The Reserves Department must be given at least 5 business days notice to reserve kits.
How long may I keep a kit?
- 45 days for Cobb County Public Library patrons
- 60 days for other Georgia library patrons to accommodate delivery time to and from the requesting library system
- Kits may not be renewed or kept longer than the checkout period, and should be returned intact. Overdue fines are $1.00 per day per kit. Lost or damaged books will incur a $10.00 charge. Lost or damaged canvas bag will incur a $10.00 charge. Lost kits will incur up to a $120.00 charge.
Where can I pick up and return a kit?
- Cobb County Public Library patrons will pick up/return the kits at their local branch library.
- Other Georgia library patrons may pick up/return the kits at their Interlibrary Loan Department.