The library is pleased to “Connect Cobb” and check out the internet to residents! These hotspots can be taken home for one week and enable you to attach your devices over Wi-Fi to the internet.
With this connectivity, Cobb residents will be able to:
- Do homework
- Watch videos
- Do research
- Read downloaded books
- Or anything else on the internet!
This service is designed to Connect Cobb and extend the digital access that the library already provides the Cobb community.
- Hotspots check out for 7 days. They are not able to be renewed.
- Residents in Cobb County who are authorized to access the internet with their library cards can check out hotspots.
- Overdue fines are $1/day. Hotspots are not able to be renewed.
- Connect up to 10 devices at a time. (Share with your friends and neighbors!)
- Up to 12mbps of download speed.
- 6 hours of battery life before recharge.
Hotspots are restricted to library cards that are internet enabled and are resident library cards. Non-resident Cobb library cardholders are not eligible to check out a hotspot.
Yes, all of the hotspots are able to be placed on hold.
Another person will be unable to check it out and get on the internet. Hotspots more than 5 days overdue may be deactivated by T-Mobile. You will also be charged $1 per day. Hotspots more than two weeks overdue will result in a suspension of hotspot circulation privileges.
Replacement fee is the cost of the device ($80) plus a $10 non-refundable processing fee.
ZTE Falcon® Z-917 Hotspot.
Yes, you must enter in the password as it is displayed on the device. Upper and lower case matter.
The hotspots connect to the internet using T-Mobile data.
Yes, filtering is provided via Web Guard.
Please call our customer service at (770) 528-2326.
The Cobb County Public Library wireless internet network provides free internet access to patrons who bring their wireless-enabled laptop or smart device to any of our 15 libraries.
- Our public Wi-Fi network is called COBBLIBRARY.
- It is an open network with no password.
- There are a few limitations:
- Sound – Anything on your computer or device that makes a sound must be turned off or muted with headphones, etc.
- Bandwidth – In order to provide access for the maximum number of users, there is a limit to the bandwidth available to each user. This should not interfere with most computer or device usage.