U.S. Passport Services
- First time adult passport applicants
- Children's passports (under 16)
Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for the following:
- Passport Application (Form DS-11), also available at the Mountain View and West Cobb Regional Libraries.
- Instructions for applying for a child under 16
- Acceptable Proof of Identification
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Passport Photo requirements (currently we do not offer photos onsite)
- Current Passport Fees
Cobb County Public Library does not process renewals for adult applicants (16+ at issuance) who are in possession of a currently valid U.S. Passport or one that has expired for less than 5 years. Visit the U.S. Department of State website for more information on processing Renewal Passports.
Passport Service Hours and Appointments
- Monday-Wednesday: 11 am - 7 pm
- Thursday-Saturday: Noon - 3 pm
Click here to schedule an appointment at Mountain View Regional Library or call (770) 509-2725 for more information.
Click here to schedule an appointment at West Cobb Regional Library or call (770) 528-4699 for more information.
Two separate payments are required. One to the U.S. Department of State and the other to Cobb County Public Library. Please have both payments with you at the time of your appointment.
- All payments to the U.S. Department of State must be:
- In the form of a personal check, cashier’s check or money order.
- Each application submitted must have its own personal check, cashier’s check or money order, payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- The name and date of birth of the applicant should be written on the front of the check or money order.
- $35 execution fee payable to the Cobb County Public Library must be:
- In the form of a personal check, cashier's check or money order.
- Each application submitted must have its own personal check, cashier’s check or money order, payable to Cobb County Public Library.
- Expedited service is available for an additional fee.
National Passport Information Center
The Mountain View and West Cobb Regional Libraries offer Routine and Expedited processing options. Processing times vary. For information on the status of an application, visit the NPIC website or call (877) 487‑2778.
The Citizenship & Civics Kit is available to library cardholders and contains official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) publications and study materials helpful for the naturalization process to become a U.S. citizen.
Kit includes the following print publications and material:
- Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants
- Learn About the United States: Quick Civics Lessons
- Flashcards for Naturalization (English)
- Tarjetas de Educación Cívica (Spanish)
LearningExpress Library (Library Resource)
LearningExpress Library gives you access to materials to help you learn about and study for the Citizenship Exam. Resources available in English and Spanish. Select Adult Core Skills and then Become a U.S. Citizen.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Learn about the important reasons to become a U.S. citizen and paths to citizenship. Find information about the naturalization process and what you need to know about the naturalization interview and test.
Find flash cards, pocket study guides, videos, or interactive practice tests.
Direct links to :
- Civics Flashcards for the Naturalization Test
- Preparing for the Naturalization Test: A Pocket Study Guide
- The Naturalization Test— A Video
- Civics Questions and Answers (2020 version)
This page provides you with USCIS citizenship publications and resources available in other languages. Download directly to your computer or mobile device. Printing and computers are available at the library.
Congratulations on becoming a United States citizen! The resources in the New U.S. Citizens page provided by USCIS will help guide you to the next steps.
- Register to Vote
- Update your record with the Social Security Administration
- Apply for a U.S. Passport
- Update your record with the agency that issues driver’s licenses in your state
- Engage with your community