This manual defines the pre-construction process and procedures for Cobb County Department of Transportation (Cobb DOT) locally-funded projects.
Cobb DOT provides review and approval of transportation-related aspects of community development initiatives.
For more information pertaining to Cobb County's community development guidelines, click here to visit the Community Development Forms page under the Cobb County Community Development section of this website and download the Cobb County Development Standards.
Bluebeam Revu Guidance for Plan Reviews
Cobb County Department of Transportation, Pre-Construction Division, is shifting away from the tradition use of hardcopies for plan review milestones and migrating to a digital format using Bluebeam Revu. Please make use of the files of this link for necessary guidance in participating in the reviews.
- Bluebeam Revu Guidance Manual
- Cobb County DOT Bluebeam Profile (Right-Click and select "Save Link As...")
- Introduction to Using Bluebeam with Cobb County DOT
- Cobb County Bluebeam Workflow
Plan Details & Elements
- Ameristar Base Plate (DGN) (PDF)
- Cedar Rail Fencing Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Class B Concrete Base Widening Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Cobb County Logo (DGN) (PDF)
- Cobb County North Arrow (DGN) (PDF)
- CobbLinc Bus Shelter Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Concrete Sidewalk Spillway & Handrail Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Driveway Valley Gutter Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Ending Curb and Gutter Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Fence Detail (Aluminum) - Black 4-foot (DGN) (PDF)
- Fence Detail - Black 4-foot (DGN) (PDF)
- Fence Detail - Black 6-foot (DGN) (PDF)
- Fence on Wall Detail - Black 4-foot (DGN) (PDF)
- General Notes - 6/8/20 update (DGN) (PDF)
- Handrail Detail for Retaining Walls (DGN) (PDF)
- Handrail to Sidewalk Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Milling and Feathering Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Pavement Fabric Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Raised Concrete Island (Semi-Depressed) Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Red Stamped Concrete Detail - Buffer Strip (DGN) (PDF)
- Red Stamped Concrete Median with Curb and Gutter (DGN) (PDF)
- Red Stamped Concrete Median with Header Curb (DGN) (PDF)
- Roundabout Landscape (DGN) (PDF)
- Signal Notes (DGN) (PDF)
- Signing Marking Notes - 8/1/22 update (DGN) (PDF)
- Street Name Assembly Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Trail Handrail Detail (DGN) (PDF)
- Turndown Sidewalk Wall Detail - 2/1/21 update (DGN) (PDF)
- Turnup Sidewalk Wall Detail Option 1 (DGN) (PDF)
- Turnup Sidewalk Wall Detail Option 2 (DGN) (PDF)
- Utility Legend Notes (DGN) (PDF)
Sustainable Design: PEACH Roads
The Preserving Environment And Community Heritage (PEACH) Roads program started in 2010 as a self-certification program that distinguishes transportation projects and operations based on the extent to which they incorporate sustainable choices.
This is primarily an internal management program for Cobb DOT to measure our performance, recognize good practices, and identify where we need to improve. It also provides Cobb County with a way to demonstrate to the public how we are advancing sustainable practices.
Cobb DOT project designs and operations are evaluated for sustainable practices, and based on the total credits received, an appropriate certification level is assigned. The rating system recognizes varying certification levels, with the highest level going to designs and operational groups that clearly advance the state of sustainable transportation solutions.