This manual defines preferred engineering procedures for Cobb County Department of Transportation (Cobb DOT).
Cobb DOT provides review and approval of transportation-related aspects of community development initiatives, including intersection sight distance, use of aesthetic sign posts, driveways accessing county roads, temporary lane/road closures, and utility construction/relocation activities within the county right-of-way.
For more information, click here to download the Community Development Standards, which is maintained by Cobb County Community Development.
CAD Details & Elements
- Cedar Rail Fencing Detail
- Class B Concrete Base_Widening Detail
- Cobb County Logo
- Cobb County North Arrow
- CobbLinc Bus Shelter Detail
- Concrete Sidewalk Spillway & Handrail Detail
- Decorative Fence Detail
- Driveway Valley Gutter Detail
- Ending Curb and Gutter Detail
- General Notes (June 8, 2020)
- Handrail Detail for Retaining Walls
- Milling and Feathering Detail
- Pavement Fabric Detail
- Raised Concrete Island (Semi-Depressed) Detail
- Red Stamped Concrete Detail for Medians
- Red Stamped Concrete Detail
- Signal Notes
- Signing Marking Notes (April 22, 2019)
- Street Name Assembly Detail
- Turndown Sidewalk Wall Detail
- Turnup Sidewalk Wall Detail
- Utility Legend & Notes
Sustainable Design: PEACH Roads
The Preserving Environment And Community Heritage (PEACH) Roads program started in 2010 as a self-certification program that distinguishes transportation projects and operations based on the extent to which they incorporate sustainable choices.
This is primarily an internal management program for Cobb DOT to measure our performance, recognize good practices, and identify where we need to improve. It also provides Cobb County with a way to demonstrate to the public how we are advancing sustainable practices.
Cobb DOT project designs and operations are evaluated for sustainable practices, and based on the total credits received, an appropriate certification level is assigned. The rating system recognizes varying certification levels, with the highest level going to designs and operational groups that clearly advance the state of sustainable transportation solutions.