How It Works
- CobbLinc’s paratransit service is a curb-to-curb, shared-ride service for paratransit eligible Cobb County residents who cannot access the local fixed-route buses. Customers are picked up at the closest curb to their pick-up location and dropped off at the closest curb to their drop-off location.
- Paratransit service operates Monday through Saturday within a 3/4-mile area surrounding the existing local bus routes and limited areas of Fulton County.
- Customers can call (770) 427-2222 Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm to make reservations.
- The cost for paratransit service is $4.00 for adults and $3.00 for youth under 18 years of age.
- Paratransit vehicles do not travel outside of the paratransit service area.
- You must be certified as paratransit eligible through CobbLinc to use this service. To begin this process, complete and return the Application for Paratransit Eligibility
- Transfers between CobbLinc Paratransit and MARTA Mobility are free at the Cumberland Transfer Center and the MARTA Arts Center Rail Station. For passengers requiring a transfer from CobbLinc Paratransit to MARTA Mobility, the CobbLinc reservationist will coordinate the trip with MARTA Mobility. If the trip originates with MARTA Mobility, MARTA staff will coordinate the trip with CobbLinc Paratransit.
- Eligible passengers are not required to live inside the service area; however, passengers must board and exit the paratransit vehicle inside of the service area at a safe transfer location.
- Persons with temporary disabilities may obtain a CobbLinc Paratransit ID Card valid for the expected time of the disability by using the same application eligibility process. If the disability continues longer than identified on the application, or becomes permanent, CobbLinc will require a new application to be submitted.
- If a passenger is unable to travel alone because of a functional disability and requires a Personal Care Attendant (PCA), the PCA will ride for free. If a passenger requires a PCA, this must be approved during the initial application process or when there is a change in the passenger’s functional ability to use the service.
- Service animals, as defined by ADA, are allowed on CobbLinc vehicles.
Paratransit Rider's Guide
The CobbLinc Paratransit Services Rider's Guide contains useful information for paratransit passengers.
This document is available in alternate formats (i.e., electronic, audio CD, or large print).
If you have questions about any of the information contained in this guide and/or need to request the guide in alternate format, contact the Transit Operations Monitor at (770) 528-3690, TDD 711.
- Paratransit Reservations: (770) 427-2222
- CobbLinc Customer Service Hotline: (770) 427-4444
- Paratransit Manager: (770) 428-1218
- Transit Operations Monitor: (770) 528-3690 or TDD:711
- Cobb County ADA Coordinator: (770) 528-2656 or (770) 528-1103 (TDD)
CobbLinc provides travel training for seniors, disabled communities, and Cobb County School District's "Transition Academies." Travel training is conducted at the Customer Service & Paratransit Center located at 431 Commerce Park Drive, Marietta, GA 30060.
Groups and individuals can request a travel training session by calling (770) 528-4381.
Wheel Chair/ Mobility Aid Lifts
The vehicle lift has a design load of 800 pounds. However, CobbLinc may deny transportation if carrying the wheelchair and its occupant would be inconsistent with safety requirements. Any passenger may use the lift at any designated stop. Operators are instructed to deploy a lift, at the request of the passenger, to board or exit the vehicle. CobbLinc may refuse to board a passenger on the lift if the lift or vehicle is unable to accommodate the mobility aid and its user, consistent with legitimate safety requirements.
For passenger safety and comfort while traveling on CobbLinc, the following procedures are required:
- For safety purposes, CobbLinc recommends that passengers back their wheelchair onto the lift. Forward boarding is allowed. Lock brakes, if applicable, while on the lift. Turn off electric power on the wheelchair. The operator will instruct the passenger when to reengage the power. Please wait for the operator’s assistance and follow instructions when entering or exiting the vehicle.
- CobbLinc cannot transport passengers with inoperative mobility devices. All wheelchairs and scooters must be secured. Any passenger refusing to have their wheelchair or scooter secured will not be transported.
CobbLinc complies with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Public Law 101-336 (ADA), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability – requiring that no qualified individual with a disability shall, on the basis of a disability, be denied the benefits of CobbLinc services or programs.
If you have a specific physical or service accessibility need, please notify CobbLinc of what you require so that we can reasonably accommodate you.
In compliance with Section 35, 106 of the ADA’s Title II Regulations, all applicants, participants, beneficiaries, and other individuals are advised that further information may be obtained from the:
Cobb County ADA Coordinator
Cobb County Government
100 Cherokee Street
Marietta, GA 30090
(770) 528-1103 (TDD)
Or the Transit Operations Monitor at:
Transit Operations Monitor
463 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 112
Marietta, GA 30060
(770) 528-3690 or TDD:711
No Show Policy
A no-show occurs when an individual schedules a trip and fails to use the service by missing their scheduled trip and negatively impacting service. CobbLinc defines no-show as a missed trip not cancelled by the customer or whenever a customer cancels a trip within 1-hour of the scheduled pick-up time. If an individual receives four (4) or more no-shows in a calendar month AND they equal more than 10% of the rider’s total scheduled trips for the calendar month, that individual will be suspended.
ADA Complaint Form
Transportation Voucher Program
The CobbLinc Transportation Voucher Program (TVP) assists elderly and disabled Cobb County residents living outside the CobbLinc paratransit service area in paying for private transportation services. You must be certified with CobbLinc for paratransit service to qualify.
To begin the certification process, complete and return the Application for Paratransit Eligibility.
For More Information
Our Current Service Providers
Interested in becoming a Service Provider?
You must first register as a vendor with Cobb County. Visit our Purchasing Department page for instructions on how to become a vendor. Once registered, please download and complete the Service Provider Application for the Transportation Voucher Program.
Completed applications should be returned to: CobbLinc Customer Service & Paratransit Center, Attn: Transportation Voucher Program Vendor, 431 Commerce Park Drive, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Paratransit Service Area extends ¾ miles on either side of the existing fixed local routes in Cobb County and limited areas of Fulton County.
Click the image to download the Paratransit Service Area map.
CobbLinc's Paratransit Service is a curb-to-curb, shared ride service for paratransit eligible Cobb County residents who cannot ride the local fixed-route CobbLinc buses. Passengers must be certified with CobbLinc to use the paratransit service.
Click the image to download CobbLinc's Paratransit Service Fact Sheet.
Click the image to download the Transportation Voucher Program Fact Sheet.