The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is a federally funded temporary emergency program to help low-income households afford water and wastewater services during the Coronavirus pandemic. The Georgia Department of Human Services, Division of Family and Children Services (DHS-DFCS) receives the federal funding and has contracted with the Tallatoona Community Action Partnership, Inc. to administer the program in Cobb County. All information regarding applications, program status, and fund disbursement is handled by Tallatoona CAP.
The Water System does not determine eligibility and cannot answer questions about the program. While applying for assistance, please continue to pay your bill and/or make a payment arrangement with the Water System. An appointment with Tallatoona CAP for water assistance does not guarantee processing or payment.
For more information on LIHWAP and eligibility, visit Tallatoona CAP’s website at https://tallatoonacap.org/water. To make an appointment with Tallattoona CAP to request assistance, call (770) 817-4666 or (770) 773-7730 (toll-free for 706 area codes), then select extension 2.
- During the months of November and December, ONLY households with disconnected service or a past due account balance may schedule an appointment.
- Beginning January 3, 2022, at 8:30 am and for the month of January, Tallatoona will accept appointments for the following households:
- Households with disconnected service or a past due account balance
- Senior Households 60 years of age (all household members must be 60 years of age or older excluding minor children)
- Households with children 5 years of age and under
- Beginning February 1, 2022, at 8:30 am, the General Public (all other household types) may begin scheduling appointments.
Besides Tallatoona, there are some organizations who assist with utility expenses in times of hardship.
View a list of organization programs. Cobb County Water System does not know the status of funding or the qualifications related to these programs. These are resources that may provide partial payment assistance. Once you confirm assistance from a charitable organization please email that confirmation to WaterCustomerService@cobbcounty.org to avoid service disconnection.