About Commissioner Monique Sheffield
Monique Sheffield has been a District 4 resident for over 20 years.
She currently serves on the Lindley Sixth Grade Academy’s School Counseling Advisory Committee; is facilitator for Commissioner Lisa Cupid’s annual Cobb County HOA Bootcamp; and is the Past-President of two HOA communities. Serving on the HOA Boards was rooted in Monique’s desire to solve problems within her community. It is her belief that serving as HOA President builds compassion and tolerance for the unique situation of others. She also volunteers with Keep Cobb Beautiful and other civic organizations for litter pickup and beautifying her community. She is a graduate of Cobb 101: Citizens Government Academy and Cobb County’s Public Safety Academy. She served on the Board of Zoning Appeals from 2017-2019. Her time on BZA provided a platform for Monique to connect with residents and business owners in the community on zoning appeals matters that are important to them. It allowed her to serve as a mediator to make decisions on zoning variance cases that were fair and equitable for all involved parties.
She is co-owner of Sheffield Realty Group, Inc., a boutique real estate brokerage located in Mableton, is a certified instructor with the Georgia Real Estate Commission and has a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice. She currently resides in Mableton with her husband Eric and both are members of Word of Faith Family Worship Cathedral in Austell.
If you have not received a confirmation email, check your spam folder.
Around the District
- Commissioner Sheffield’s “State of Mableton Address”
- Ribbon cutting ceremony on Feb. 26 for the Drennon Avenue Silver Comet connection in Austell. It was difficult to access the trail because there was not an existing safe entry point and the residents created a man-made pathway which was often-times dangerous because of snakes lurking beneath the brush. County staff (PARKS) collaborated with the community and solved the access challenge by adding a bridge for residents to access the trail.
Click here to visit the Cobb County Community Development page.
Click here to visit the Cobb County Zoning Division page.
In the Zone
Join Commissioner Sheffield and Planning Commissioner Michael Hughes for their monthly “In the Zone” community meeting at 7 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of every month. Please click here for a link to the meeting.
Information and resources
Cobb County School District
Click here to visit the Cobb County School District page
Adult Protective Services (Elder Abuse)
Keep Cobb Beautiful (Click here to volunteer)
PARKS sports leagues
Request Road Maintenance (SeeClickFix)
- Anderson Mill Road Sidewalk
- Bucker Road Sidewalk
- Callaway Road Sidewalk
- Chattahoochee River Trail Pedestrian Improvements (Phase 1)
- Church Road Sidewalk
- Discovery Boulevard Sidewalk
- Factory Shoals Road Improvements (Mableton Parkway – Phase 2)
- Factory Shoals Road @ Riverside Parkway
- Hicks Road at Concord Road
- Hillcrest Drive Sidewalk
- Mableton Parkway Pedestrian Improvements (Phase 1 and 2)
- Old Alabama Road Sidewalk
- Railroad Quiet Zone Improvements (Nickajack Road)
- Riverview Road
- Six Flags Parkway Gateway Improvements
- Windy Hill Road/Windy Hill Boulevard