Back to top

Adult Athletics

Players at a softball game

FAQ Topics

How do I register my team?

You can register your team online at or you can contact the league coordinator to register. 


Will teams that are returning for the next season be automatically registered by PARKS Sports staff?

No. All teams must register again each season in every sport. We send out registration information to returning teams.

Do returning teams get registration priority over new teams?

No, registration opens to all teams at the same time. 

When is registration for each sport?
  • Softball: February for Spring/Summer, July for Fall
  • Kickball: February for Spring/Summer, July for Fall
  • Football: March for Summer, August for Fall, and end of November for Winter
  • Basketball: May for Summer, October for Winter
  • Ultimate Frisbee: February for Spring, May for Summer, and August for Fall
  • Cornhole: February for Spring, May for Summer, and July for Fall
What are the registration fees per team for each sport?
  • Softball: $400 Spring/Summer, and Fall – 10 games
  • Kickball: $200 Spring/Summer, and Fall – 10 games
  • Football: $550 Winter, Summer, and Fall – 10 games
  • Basketball: $350 Winter and Summer – 7 games + tournament for the top teams
  • Ultimate Frisbee: $200 Spring, Summer, and Fall – 10 games
  • Cornhole: $70 Spring, Summer, and Fall - 7 weeks

Fees cover costs of officials, equipment, scorekeepers, user fees, and champion and runner up awards. 

The full registration fee is due at the time of registration. You can pay by cash, check, money order or credit card.

Do you register individuals wishing to play on a team?

We do offer individual registration for some league. For more information visit the league web page or contact the league coordinator. 

How many playing seasons do you have for each sport?
  • Softball: 2 seasons (Spring/Summer and Fall)
  • Kickball: 2 seasons (Spring/Summer and Fall)
  • Flag Football: 3 seasons (Spring/Summer, Fall, and Winter) 
  • Basketball: 2 seasons (Summer and Winter)
  • Cornhole: 3 season (Spring, Summer, and Fall)
When do you generally play your games?

All games are usually scheduled one night per week, Mondays through Thursday in the evenings. We do not play games on weekends unless it becomes necessary to use weekends to make up games that have been rained out or unless it is a Sunday afternoon league. 

Games are scheduled whenever Cobb County Government employees are required to work. Games are not scheduled on Good Friday, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. We do schedule games on Halloween, however, since this is not an official national holiday. We also schedule games during the spring and/or fall breaks of all local school districts.

How many forfeits are allowed in a season?

PARKS reserves the right to drop a team from the league if the team forfeits 2 or more league games during the season. No refunds are given.

How do I know if my game is rained out?

Cobb PARKS uses for weather updates and general information regarding our adult softball leagues. If you want to receive an automated text or email about field closures please visit and click the email or text alerts link. You would then click the email or text heading and check which locations you would like to subscribe to for rainout alerts. You can also download the mobile app to receive notifications. No cancellations will be made before 4pm.

If my game is rained out, where can I find make-up information?

If possible, we will include that information on the rained out message for your park. We will post make-up information on our website and at your playing location. In order to minimize verbal errors, we prefer not to give out schedule information or make-up information over the phone.

How can I become a sports official?

Visit the North GA Amateur Umpires Association at .

What sports leagues do you offer?
  • Flag Football: Men's Open and Coed
  • Kickball: Coed
  • Basketball: Men's 
  • Softball: Competitive (3 Home runs), Rookie (1 Home run), and Social Recreational (1 Home run)
  • Ultimate Frisbee: Coed
  • Cornhole: Beginner Open, Intermediate Coed, Intermediate Men's, or Advanced Open
I have just moved to the area. How do I get on a team?

For each sport we maintain a “free agents” list of individuals wishing to get on a team. You can call the Adult Athletic office at (770) 528-8860 to leave your name, phone number, sport and position you are interested in, and level of play. Occasionally, this free agent list of individuals wishing to play is requested by managers who find that they have insufficient numbers to make up a team. We do not put individuals in direct contact with managers. Submitting your name does not guarantee that a team will contact you.

For some leagues we offer an individual registration for players. Registering as an individual does not guarantee a place on a team. If there are enough registrants you will be placed on a team. If there are not enough registrants your registration will be refunded. 

Is there any other way to try to get on a team?

For softball, kickball and football go out to the park where the adult leagues are scheduled and talk to the teams/players. Take your equipment in case they need you immediately. For basketball, go to the gym where games are being played to see if there is a chance to be added to a team. B

League schedules are listed for each sport on the Adult Athletics page.

What is the age requirement and how many can play for each sport?
  • Softball, Kickball, Football, Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee and Cornhole: Age 16

Softball & Kickball allows up to 25 players on a team. 

Football, Basketball and Ultimate Frisbee allows up to 20 players on a team. 

Cornhole allows up to 5 players on a team. 

What is the required male/female ratio for coed softball, kickball and flag football teams?

For the Rookie & Competitive Coed softball league teams must start with 4 males and 4 females. The pitcher and catcher must be of opposite sex, and there must be 2 men and 2 women on the infield and 2 men and 2 women in the outfield.

For the Coed Social Recreational Softball league there must be at least 3 females to start a game.

For kickball there must be 3 females and 8 total players to start a game. 

For coed football, there must be a total of 6 players (3 men and 3 women)

Can I get in touch with the manager of a team to see if he/she is planning to forfeit a game with me?

No. That manager might tell you that he/she is not planning to play. That team could then show up and win by forfeit. Managers should call in a forfeit to their League Coordinator. Depending on timing, we will then do everything we can to let the other team know that there has been an official forfeit.

If my team wins my league, when and where will awards be available?

First place and second place teams will receive their awards after the championship game or their last game of the season.