The Georgia Children’s Water Festival committee organizes this event for 4th-grade students about the importance of protecting and conserving our water resources. Activities focus on: drinking water, water quality, watersheds, wildlife habitat, and pollution prevention.
Originally started as a way to celebrate Georgia Drinking Water Week, our Wonder of Water festival has turned into an annual partnership between metro Atlanta’s local water utilities. Each partner invites a school from their area and arranges for activities and speakers to share their water wisdom with the students.
The event continues to be held during Drinking Water Week, on the first Tuesday in May of each year. In addition to the local governments, National Park Service hosts the event at the Paces Mill Unit of the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, the Metro N. GA Water Planning District assists with school transportation funding, and Georgia Association of Water Professionals provides help with funding for event supplies.
Click to view the photo gallery!
- Terry Porter - City of Alpharetta
- Kim Davis - City of Atlanta
- Michael Musser - City of Marietta
- Vicki Culbreth - City of Roswell
- Lori Forrester - Cherokee County
- Jennifer McCoy - Cobb County
- Lyndsey Sargent - Douglas County
- Jennifer McLaurin - Fulton County
- Jackie Valett - Gwinnett County
- Sarah Skinner - Metro N. GA Water Planning District
- John Huth and Jerry Hightower - National Park Service