Accepting Campaign Donations
Before accepting donations or expending any money for your campaign, you must file a form DOI (Declaration of Intention to Accept Campaign Contributions) with the appropriate filing officer for your office. Many laws regulating the acceptance of campaign contributions are governed by the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission. Please visit their website before accepting any donations.
List of Registered Voters
For information about ordering lists of registered voters in your district please visit the Secretary of State's website.
O.C.G.A. § 16-7-58(a) prohibits you from erecting signs on public or private property if you do not have permission to do so. Please note that the offices of Cobb County Government, Cobb County School District, and Marietta City Schools do not give permission for any campaign signs on their property.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to place posters, signs, or advertisements:
- On any public property or building, unless the owner thereof or the occupier as authorized by such owner has given permission to place such posters, signs, or advertisements on such property; provided, however, that signs within the rights of way of public roads shall be governed by Code Section 32-6-51;
- On any private property unless the owner thereof or the occupier as authorized by such owner has given permission to place such posters, signs, or advertisements on such property; and, provided, further that no municipal, county, or consolidated government may restrict by regulation or other means the length of time a political campaign sign may be displayed or the number of signs which may be displayed on private property for which permission has been granted; or
- On any property zoned for commercial or industrial uses if the placement of such posters, signs, or advertisements conflicts with any zoning laws or ordinances.
O.C.G.A. § 21-2-414 Restrictions on campaign activities and public opinion polling within the vicinity of a polling place; cellular phone use prohibited; prohibition of candidates from entering certain polling places; penalty
- No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition, nor shall any person, other than election officials discharging their duties, establish or set up any tables or booths on any day in which ballots are being cast:
- Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is established;
- Within any polling place; or
- Within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.
The following information is provided to help you research sign ordinances in Cobb County and the various cities.
|Cobb County||770-528-2180||Sign Ordinance|
|Acworth City Hall||770-974-3112||Sign Ordinance|
|Austell City Hall||770-944-4326|
|Kennesaw City Hall||770-424-8274||Sign Ordinance|
|Marietta City Hall||770-794-5527||Sign Ordinance|
|Powder Springs City Hall||770-943-1666||Sign Ordinance|
|Smyrna City Hall||770-434-6600||Sign Ordinance|