Seasonal Clerk – Absentee Division
This is an ongoing job posting with no closing date and POSITIONS ARE FILLED ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS. Applicants will be contacted by phone for interviews. No calls please.
Under the direction of the Absentee Supervisor, the Seasonal Clerk has responsibilities involving Absentee by Mail and Advance Voting and projects as assigned. Your schedule is based on the needs of the Elections Department. This is not a part time position, it is a seasonal position. There are no set schedules and you may be assigned to work at any of our Advance Voting locations. A partial list of tasks that could be assigned are sorting and processing mail, answering phones, processing applications for Absentee Ballots by Mail, issuing ballots, voting in person voters, various clerical and data entry tasks, accepting returned ballots, and preparing ballots for tabulation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be a current Cobb County Resident and a registered voter
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- Must have the ability to read/write/speak the English language, bilingual is helpful but not necessary
- Must be able to work as needed (some days up to 10-12 hours). This is full time seasonal position with no set schedule.
- Must be able to stand, sit, bend and manipulate documents.
- Basic computer skills are needed
- Must not hold a current Public Office position
- Election experience preferred but not required.
- At least ten years must have passed since satisfying all terms of any Felony conviction
- Documentation of GED/ high school education or higher required
Starting Pay Rate: $9.46/hour with NO BENEFITS
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory County Background Check.