Elections Supervisor (Part-time)
Supervision of seasonal staff, assigning and monitoring work, coordinating their activities, resolving conflicts, and recommending disciplinary action as needed. Maintains inventory of election equipment and supplies and office supplies: updates and inventories election equipment after each election; and maintains inventory of supplies needed to conduct day-to day work activities. Performs duties related to elections- assists in hiring and managing of temporary employees; plans and executes delivery of supplies and equipment; ensures all necessary signs, supplies, and equipment are provided to each polling site; ensures that Election Recap Sheets and other election evidence is audited and retained as required.
Assists in preparing and distributing election supplies and equipment for polling locations: assists in developing a delivery and collection schedule; prepares, gathers and stages various supplies and equipment for delivery using physical strength and tools such as a forklift; conducts loading, unloading, and return of same; assists in the Logic and Accuracy testing of equipment; inspects returning supplies and equipment; repairs damaged machines and supplies or contacts vendor for same; and performs various pre-, post- and day-of election duties. Prepares election materials: utilizes checklists to sort, count, gather, collate, inspect and verify election supplies; generates spreadsheets or reports from various information sources. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Hourly wage: $13.19 - $21.10 per hour
- Hours: generally 7:30am - 4:00pm
- Location: Kennesaw, GA.
- Data Utilization: Requires the ability to determine, calculate, tabulate, or summarize data/information. Includes performing subsequent actions in relation to these computational operations.
- Human Interaction: Requires the ability to provide guidance, assistance, and/or interpretation to others regarding the application of procedures and standards to specific situations.
- Equipment Machinery, Tools and Materials Utilization: Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of reference and descriptive data and information.
- Mathematical Aptitude: Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Involves semi-routine standardized work with some latitude for independent judgment concerning choices of action.
- Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving a variety of generally pre-defined duties which are often characterized by frequent change.
- High School diploma or GED required; supplemented by three years (3 years) of experience in elections operations; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
- Tasks involve the regular and sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and that may involve the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds); may occasionally involve heavier objects and materials (up to 100 pounds).
For additional information, please email Gerry Miller, Prep Center Manager
Seasonal Clerk – Absentee Division
This is an ongoing job posting with no closing date and POSITIONS ARE FILLED ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS. Applicants will be contacted by phone for interviews. No calls please.
Under the direction of the Absentee Supervisor, the Seasonal Clerk has responsibilities involving Absentee by Mail and Advance Voting and projects as assigned. Your schedule is based on the needs of the Elections Department. This is not a part time position, it is a seasonal position. There are no set schedules and you may be assigned to work at any of our Advance Voting locations. A partial list of tasks that could be assigned are sorting and processing mail, answering phones, processing applications for Absentee Ballots by Mail, issuing ballots, voting in person voters, various clerical and data entry tasks, accepting returned ballots, and preparing ballots for tabulation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be a current Cobb County Resident and a registered voter
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- Must have the ability to read/write/speak the English language, bilingual is helpful but not necessary
- Must be able to work as needed (some days up to 10-12 hours). This is full time seasonal position with no set schedule.
- Must be able to stand, sit, bend and manipulate documents.
- Basic computer skills are needed
- Must not hold a current Public Office position
- Election experience preferred but not required.
- At least ten years must have passed since satisfying all terms of any Felony conviction
- Documentation of GED/ high school education or higher required
Starting Pay Rate: $9.46/hour with NO BENEFITS
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory County Background Check.