Important Message About Recently Enacted Legislation
This office cannot provide direction or guidance on the ramifications of the "Constitutional Carry" legislation, which is now in effect, other than to note that this legislation did not affect the issuance of Weapons Carry Licenses.
To make an appointment, visit the link below:
If you do not have email access, call 770-528-1931. The application, except for the signature, MUST be printed, completed, and brought with you to apply. Those wishing to renew Cobb County Weapons Carry Licenses are still encouraged to do so using our mail in renewal process. To learn more about the renewal process, click here.
Obtaining a Weapons Carry License in Cobb County
In order to obtain a weapons carry license in Georgia, you are required to be photographed, fingerprinted, and must undergo a criminal background investigation by the GBI and FBI.
Upon receipt of the background investigations, if there is nothing to prohibit the issuance of your license, we will issue your license to you. The background investigations may take as long as one month. The license is valid for five years, unless revoked.
To apply for a weapons carry license, you must:
- Apply for your weapons carry license in the county in which you are domiciled
- Be at least 21 years of age
- If you are 18-20 years of age, you may apply for a weapons carry license if adequate proof of the following is provided to the court:
- That you have completed basic training and
- That you are actively serving in the armed forces of the United States or that you have been honorably discharged from such service.
Eligibility for Obtaining a Weapons Carry License
Please refer to O.C.G.A. §16-11-129
All fees are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please call (770) 528-1931.
Retired Law Enforcement Officers
To access a weapons carry application for a Retired Law Enforcement Officer, click here. Note: Click on link - application can found on the bottom left of the screen.