Note: Click on link - application can found on the bottom left of the screen.
Those who are required to initiate a new application for a Georgia Weapons Carry License include the following:
- You have never had a Weapons Carry License issued in Georgia
- Your Georgia Weapons Carry License expired on its face more than 30 days ago
- Your Georgia Weapons Carry License was issued in another county, other than Cobb. (You may be eligible for a renewal license, but cannot renew by mail.)
- You must be domiciled in Cobb County
- You must be 21 years of age; or
- If you are 18 - 20 years of age, you may apply for a weapons carry license if proof of the following is provided to the court:
- that you have completed basic training and
- that you are actively serving in the armed forces of the United States or that you have been honorably discharged from such service.
- Your valid Georgia identification must show your current Cobb County address (P.O. Boxes will not be accepted). If your Georgia ID does not show your current Cobb County address, you should be prepared to prove your domicile with at least two forms of documentation such as: Voter Registration Card, Income Tax records, Property tax statements, Utility bills, Lease Agreements. Out of state forms of ID will not be accepted. Active duty military stationed in Georgia from another state may wish to contact the license division regarding additional requirements.
- If you have lived at your current address longer than 60 days and your valid Georgia Driver's License does not reflect your current Cobb County address, pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 40-5-33, other documents will not be accepted as proof of domicile.
- Applicants must be fingerprinted within 5 days of submitting application.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must show proof of your lawful presence in the U.S.
Please see the list below before arriving to the courthouse.
- No one will be allowed in the office except for the applicants.
Applicants Must Bring the Following Items to Probate Court
Valid Georgia identification with current Cobb County address (P.O. boxes are not accepted);
If your Georgia ID does not show your current Cobb County address, you must adequately prove your domicile by providing the court sufficient documentation such as (more than one will be required):
- Government-issued ID card
- Voter registration card
- Income tax records
- Property tax statement
- Utility bills
- Lease Agreement
If you have lived at your current address longer than 60 days and your valid Georgia Driver's License does not reflect your current Cobb County address, pursuant to O.C.G.A § 40-5-33, other documents will not be accepted as proof of domicile.
The fee to apply is $78.25 (cash/credit/debit/money order) for the license, fingerprinting, criminal background check and mental health records check. If paying with cash, exact change is preferred due to a coin shortage related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please pay with exact change or with a debit/credit card. Your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated.
- A $2.00 or 3.5% service fee , whichever is higher, will be assessed on all credit card transactions. This service fee goes directly to nCourt; Probate Court’s payment processing vendor. All fees are non-refundable.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must show proof of your lawful presence in the U.S.