Erosion Issues We Investigate
- Best Management Practices (BMP’s) Required on residential lots
- Residential Building Lot Eroding – When sediment or silted water is leaving site with no preventive measures installed.
- Erosion Complaint (no drainage) – If soil is leaving residential building lot.
- Mud in Streets – If erosion is occurring in a public road or right of way.
- Silt Fence Down – Silt fence is down allowing erosion to leave site.
- Erosion issues related to a residential building lot or Land Disturbance Permit.
Protecting the Chattahoochee River
The Georgia General Assembly adopted the Metropolitan River Protection Act (MRPA) in 1973, which protected a 48-mile stretch of the Chattahoochee River between Buford Dam and Peachtree Creek by creating a 2,000 foot buffer along both banks of the river and its impoundments. The Act was amended in 1998 to extend the Corridor an additional 36 miles to the downstream limits of Fulton and Douglas counties. Learn more about the MRPA.
Report Erosion Issues
To report erosion issues pertaining to residential lots, use our general report form. Erosion Control staff may be contacted by calling (770) 528-2190.
For large developments and commercial lots, please contact Development and Inspections, Site Inspections Section at (770) 528-2142.