The Community Development Agency, including all listed divisions, will continue operations at limited capacity, effective March 18, 2020: Business License, Code Enforcement, Planning & Economic Development, Development & Inspections, Erosion Control, and Zoning. All front-facing divisions are following special procedures explained in this article.
Tenant complaints for rental property located within unincorporated Cobb County may be submitted to the Housing Complaints & Nuisance Abatement Coordinator. The compliant must be an original letter that includes the following:
- The tenant's contact information (name, address, phone number, Apt number, building number),
- The landlord's contact information (name, address, phone number), and
- A detailed list of the issues the tenant wants inspected.
- The letter must be signed by the tenant.
- A copy of the letter must also be sent to your Landlord.
A property eligible for nuisance abatement must:
- be unfit for human habitation or for commercial, industrial, or business use and not in compliance with applicable codes;
- be vacant and being used in connection with the commission of drug crimes; OR
- constitute an endangerment to the public health or safety as a result of unsanitary or unsafe condition
Community Redevelopment Tax Incentive Program