About Pool/Spa Inspections
Swimming pools pose a unique mix of both potential health and safety dangers. Cobb County's Development and Inspections Division permits and inspects all new construction and remodel Commercial Pools and all Residential Pools to ensure all pools and spas are built to code and constructed in a safe manner.
Cobb & Douglas Public Health annually inspects public swimming pools (such as HOA or hotel swimming pools/spas) to ensure chemical levels are sufficient to protect bathers from most harmful organisms as well as ensure adequate safety equipment is present. Visit cobbanddouglaspublichealth.com for detailed information on annual public swimming pool procedures and requirements.
All In-ground and above-ground pools in unincorporated Cobb County are required to be permitted and inspected by Cobb County Community Development.
- Review Residential Pool Barrier Requirements
- Signed Residential Pool Required Documents Checklist
- Pool and Barrier Application (must be signed by Property Owner AND Pool Contractor)
- Pool and Barrier Property Owners Affidavit: Required Pool Inspections (must be signed by Property Owner AND Pool Contractor)
- Pool and Spa Code Contractor Affidavit (Application must be notarized prior to sending via email for processing)
- Customer contract or estimate/invoice (for accurate job cost billing)
- Proposed pool design signed and sealed by a land surveyor, professional engineer, or landscape architect registered in the State of Georgia.
- Septic approval from Environmental Health (if property is on septic)
- Copy of current Business License
- Copy of Drivers License for Business Owner
You may email your permit package to: PoolPermits@cobbcounty.org for processing. Please allow 10-14 days for approval.