Cobb County is using federal relief funds to work with our partner groups and organizations to provide assistance to residents and county businesses impacted by the pandemic.
>>>CLICK HERE<<< to check out our resource page to see the programs and groups available to help.
Latest News and Announcements
Cobb's COVID Rental / Utility Assistance Program INFO HERE
Latest Vaccination News and Locations INFO HERE
GA Vaccination Information Site
State Vaccination Registration Site
Vaccination Providers List
Cobb & Douglas Public Health
CDC Vaccine Tracker Site
Testing Locations (CORE)
Testing Location (Jim R Miller Park)
COVID Data Pages
COVID-19 Data (Georgia)
COVID-19 Data (Cobb)
Governor Kemp Lifts COVID Restrictions in Georgia as of April 8, 2021
Governor Kemp has lifted the remaining COVID-19 public health restrictions in Georgia as of today. These include:
- Bans on large gatherings of more than 50 people
- Restrictions on patrons in bars and restaurants
- The remaining “shelter-in-place” orders for at-risk groups
He has not yet released a formal Executive Order but made the announcement by video. You can view that video at the following link:
Evictions Moratorium Extended - Chief Magistrate Judge Updates FAQ's
Here are this month’s key updates:
(1) The CDC’s limited, temporary halt in certain residential evictions for non-payment of rent has been extended until June 30, 2021. The latest Order has some clarifications and modifications that are covered in the FAQs.
(2) The Magistrate Court has approximately 2,000 cases on hold due to the CDC Order. With $22.8 million in rental assistance available in Cobb County, the Court will begin to schedule these held cases for hearing as of April 16, 2021. Going forward, all dispossessory cases that require a hearing will be set down for a court date. As the CDC Order is still in effect, it is important to note: if a CDC Declaration is provided in a residential, nonpayment of rent case, a Stay Order will be entered at the hearing and NO WRIT OF POSSESSION MAY ISSUE. However, scheduling these required hearings will ensure that all parties have an opportunity to reach a mutually-agreeable resolution and access rental assistance as required by the CDC Order.
(3) Cobb County’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (“ERA”) begins taking applications on April 1, 2021. Please visit www.cobbcounty.org/ERA for program terms and eligibility. Here is some key information:
(a) Landlords and/or Tenants may apply.
(b) Please apply as soon as possible. There does NOT have to be an active eviction case pending to apply or receive assistance.
(c) Please apply with only one provider.
(d) If you’ve previously received assistance from one of the providers, please reapply with the same provider.
(e) All five providers are administering the identical federal program with the same initial application, documentation requirements, and ability to pay up to twelve (12) months of rent/utilities needed due to a COVID-19 hardship.
Trials to Resume in Cobb State Court
March 11, 2021 -- Chief State Court Judge Carl Bowers issued an order to have jury trials in state court resume in May.
Please visit the "COVID Document Center" below to download and read the order for particulars.
Chief Judge Issues Order to Resume Jury Trials in April
Cobb's Chief Judge Robert Leonard has issued an order allowing the resumption of jury trials in Cobb County starting the week of April 19, 2021.
IMPORTANT LINKS - COVID Spreads: Do you have the symptoms?
The CDC has recently expanded the symptoms of COVID-19, and more people are testing positive. Do you have any symptoms? Do you know how to get tested? Check the following links for crucial information.
Our Focus: Providing Data and Resources.
View information, statistics, local updates, and breaking news regarding COVID-19 in Cobb County.
Read important documents here!
- Governor's Executive Orders
- Judicial Emergency Declarations
- Public Health alerts
- County Declarations and Orders and more
Public Health Info and Recommendations
Recommendations: Cobb and Douglas Public Health has issued new guidelines during this pandemic.
- Guidelines for Food Pantry Operations
- Guidelines for Food Delivery Operations
- Guidelines for Grocery & Store Operations
- Cobb and Douglas Public Health Message to Religious Organizations
Medical Information: Cobb County officials are staying in close contact with our colleagues at the Cobb & Douglas Public Health Department while watching the COVID-19 virus situation.
- What to Do If You Think You Have Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Informational Packet from GA Public Health
- Latest information from the CDC
- More information for anyone thinking of traveling
This is an evolving situation and you can take action to make sure you are well-informed and take the appropriate measures.
COVID-19 Community Reference Guide
Our resource list for individuals & companies affected by COVID-19 can be downloaded by clicking here.
Cobb County Community Services Board
Cobb County Community Services Board remains open to help those with Behavioral Health Challenges.
Cobb COVID-19 Informational Maps and Graphics
- Cobb COVID-19 Interactive Graphics for Planning
- Current COVID-19 Cases in Georgia
- Grocery Stores in Cobb County
- Cobb Emergency & Medical Locations
- Current COVID-19 Cases in Georgia Dashboard
- Grocery Store Survey
- Restaurant Survey
- Grocery Stores and Inventory
- Report COVID-19 Emergency Order Violations
- Food Collection and Distribution Centers
- Getting Back to Work
- CobbLinc COVID-19 Route
United Way Resources
United Way 211 for help – The 2-1-1 Contact Center is a free information and referral resource that connects people to the essential health and human services they need. Text, chat live, email, search the device, download the mobile app to seek help.
To donate visit unitedwayatlanta.org.
211 is here to help
For those seeking resources/services during this time – the easiest and quickest way to access is text "211od" to 898-211. Follow the prompts and it is immediate. I went through it myself yesterday with a few different scenarios. The online database is also another quick resource – 211online.unitedwayatlanta.org
Volunteer – in a socially distant way
There is still much that can be done to help. See volunteer opportunities here: unitedwayatlanta.org/upcoming-volunteer-opportunities
Cobb Community Foundation Resources
Cobb Community Foundation (CCF) has taken a number of steps to support our business community and non-profit agencies serving families in need during the COVID-19 pandemic. They have quickly updated online community resources, created funds to provide much-needed support, and mobilized daily status calls to help support non-profit collaboration to better serve Cobb’s urgent community needs.
CCF COVID-19 Response:
- Map of Community Support Services: An easy to search online resource to quickly locate community services, such as food pantries. Individuals can access up-to-date information from Cobb non-profits at www.CobbCommunityConnection.org.
- Cobb COVID-19 Community Response Fund: Provides charitable non-profit grants to increased access to food, prescriptions and healthcare, childcare and basic needs. Learn more.
- Operation Meal Plan Fund: Created by the Cobb Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Center for Family Resources, Cobb Community Foundation, and Cobb County non-profits, to provide food to those in need, help our restaurants keep their workers employed, and provide a vehicle for citizens to help. Learn more.
“Cobb County is home to a strong community of individuals who support each other, our local businesses, non-profit organizations, and our families in need,” stated Shari Martin, President and CEO of Cobb Community Foundation. “Especially now, amid the current COVID-19 pandemic, I know that as a community foundation, it’s our role to build and deploy resources to help support our community. Together we can make a difference.”
Food Bank Locations
The Atlanta Food Bank has a new way of finding food banks. Individuals can text "findfood" to +1 888-976-2232. Enter zip code and they will text a food bank list in their area. If there is food bank in the area they will provide the closet location as well.