Sweetwater Valley Library
Sweetwater Valley Library is located inside the historic City of Austell Threadmill Complex in the city of Austell, GA. Located on the first floor corridor, this branch is a small neighborhood library.
In 1913, the Austell Woman’s Club was organized and one of its first projects was a circulating library. In 1922, a log cabin was built as the Austell Woman’s Club headquarters and the library was moved into it. In 1950, the library opened in a new building having moved from the log cabin to a store front on Front Street. In 1966, Sweetwater Valley Public Library joined the Cobb Marietta Library System. The old 1950 building was renovated and expanded in that year. In 1997, the branch was given a new facelift of new carpet, shelves, and paint.
In 2001, the City of Austell bought the historic, three-story Coats and Clark Thread Mill and renovated it into office and government space leaving 3,000 square feet for the Sweetwater Valley Library. In 2003, the Sweetwater Library moved from the old library building in downtown Austell and into the historic Threadmill Complex where it continues to serve the community today.