Dedicated on March 5, 1967, Sibley Library was constructed under the provisions of the 1965 Cobb County Bond Referendum at a cost of $83,000. Sibley’s name honors Miss Florence Weldon Sibley’s 32 years of library service. Known as “Miss Tib,” she was the first professional librarian in 1936; and then served as head of technical processing until her retirement in 1968. As a member of a wealthy, prominent family, most of her salary was donated toward library operations. Today, Sibley Library stands at the corner of South Cobb and Barber Roads, still providing wonderful library services to its community which includes the adult continuing education center and the entire Fair Oaks neighborhood.