Customers today are actively seeking businesses and institutions committed to environmental conservation and water efficiency. Learn ways to prevent water pollution and save water at your workplace by listening to this monthly podcast.
Ep. 6. Stormwater Pollution Prevention at Restaurants
Ep. 5. Detention and Retention Ponds - What's the difference?
Ep. 4. Detention Ponds on Multi-residential and Commercial Properties
Ep. 3. Overwinter Landscaping for Water Quality
Ep 2. Safe Ways to Discharge Public Swimming Pool Water
Do you work in a place that has a public swimming pool? Learn the safest ways to discharge excess pool water during the off-season months.
Ep 1. Catch Basin Care
Proper maintenance of storm drains and catch basins both in and around your workplace is one often overlooked solution towards preventing water pollution.
Cobb County Water System offers no-cost consultations, providing technical advice on practical and cost-effective best management practices to help your business or organization prevent water pollution or conserve water. After a virtual or on-site walkthrough is completed, our Cobb Water staff will create a customized action plan Request a consultation online today.
Outstanding participants in the program that demonstrate environmental leadership through the implementation of practices will be invited to become a Healthy Streams Partner.
Current Community Partners for Healthy Streams
Listen to Our Most Recent Podcast Below
Below is a collection of fact sheets that provide specific practices to protect water quality, save water and prevent pollution. They are geared towards commercial businesses, multi-family residential property owners and institutions. Search for a topic that you would like best management recommendations on and click to view the document online.
Series #1 - Housekeeping Practices
Series #2 - Maintaining Engineered Stormwater Controls
Series #3 - Maintaining Equipment and Vehicles
- Fact Sheet 3.1 - Storing and Maintaining Equipment and Vehicles
- Fact Sheet 3.2 - Washing Equipment and Vehicles
Series #4 - Maintaining Buildings and Pavement
- Fact Sheet 4.1 - Outdoor Pressure Washing
- Fact Sheet 4.2 - Maintaining Building Facades
- Fact Sheet 4.3 - Maintaining Paved Areas
Series #5 - Maintaining Landscapes
- Fact Sheet 5.1 - Maintaining Healthy Lawns, Shrubs and Trees
- Fact Sheet 5.2 - Using Fertilizer
- Fact Sheet 5.3 - Integrated Pest Management
- Fact Sheet 5.4 - Using Pesticides
Series #6 - Site Design and Construction
- Fact Sheet 6.1 - Designing Landscapes for Water Quality
- Fact Sheet 6.2 - Designing Stormwater Management Systems
- Fact Sheet 6.3 - Clearing and Grading Land