Have an Exam Proctored
As part of our mission to provide services in support of research, knowledge, and cultural enrichment, Cobb County Public Library proctors exams under the following guidelines:
- The fee for exams for Cobb County Public Library cardholders in good standing is $15.00 per exam; and $30.00 per exam for all persons other than Cobb County Public Library cardholders in good standing. Payment must be made in cash, check, or credit before the exam will be administered.
- The test taker must fill out the Exam Proctoring Agreement Form for each exam.
- Appointments to take exams should be made at least 48 hours prior to the exam. Exams must be taken during regular library hours and must be completed 30 minutes before closing time. Unscheduled exams cannot be accommodated.
- It is the test taker’s responsibility to ensure that exams are received in time for the exam.
- Exams may be administered at any library. The test taker should contact the library directly to make arrangements. Testing accommodations vary from library to library. It is the test taker’s responsibility to ensure that the physical facilities are adequate for their test taking requirements. Quiet study areas are not available at all libraries.
- Each library will maintain a log of exams received. The log will contain test taker information, date exam received, expiration date if provided, date exam taken, date exam mailed, and proctor’s initials.
- Any librarian may administer the exam. The librarian who monitors the examination will be the librarian in charge, or their designee at the time the test taker takes the examination (not necessarily the librarian to whom the examination was mailed).
- It is the test taker’s responsibility to provide materials needed to take the exam.
- Photo ID is required for all exams.
- For print exams, the exam is administered in glassed-in study rooms when available. One-on-one monitoring is not provided. The library does not guarantee that the test taker will be under observation during the test.
- Online exams are administered at computers in an open, public area.
- The Library will hold copies of finished exams, at the instructor’s request, for 30 days.
- Print exams will be returned by U.S. Postal Service or by fax. Exams will be handled the same as other outgoing library mail. The library cannot arrange for UPS or FedEx pickup.
- The Library is not responsible for providing postage. If the institution does not provide postage or envelopes, it is the test taker’s responsibility to provide stamps or envelopes.
- The library cannot assume responsibility for completed exams not received by the institution.
- Exams not taken by the expiration date will be returned, if postage is provided, or shredded.
Please complete the Proctoring Agreement Form linked with the Exam Proctoring Policy above, print, and sign. The completed form will be requested at the time the exam is proctored at the Library.