DUI Court is a voluntary, post-conviction, treatment-based program for those who have been convicted multiple times for driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or other drugs. The DUI Court program offers enhanced supervision, counseling, and treatment to help participants function in the community with continuing support. The program lasts a minimum of 12 months; however, most participants will require more than 12 months to complete the program, so a sentence of at least 24 months is mandatory.
Benefits of the Program
- Less jail time;
- A reduction in fine(s) by one-half, conditioned upon successful completion of the program;
- Community service credit of 200 hours for successfully completing all phases of the program;
- Affordable treatment and alcohol/drug testing;
- Supervision in meeting license reinstatement requirements; and
- Support in achieving sobriety
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Be charged with their 2nd DUI in ten years, 3rd or more in lifetime, or 1st DUI with a history of reckless driving convictions;
- Have sufficient charges to support a 24-month sentence;
- Be a Cobb County resident;
- Be 17 years of age or older;
- Show an indication of alcohol/drug abuse or dependence;
- Have no prior convictions for violent felonies or current charges (either felony or misdemeanor) involving the use of force against another;
- Have no out-of-state warrants; and
- Have a valid immigration status with no ICE (immigration) holds
The cost of the program is $75 per week. This amount includes treatment and alcohol/drug testing. Any additional treatment (such as placement in a residential facility or halfway house) that a participant may require while in the program will be at his or her own expense. Participants who challenge positive test results, which confirm positive, or who are placed on additional monitoring, will be required to pay for services at their own expense.
Documents and Forms
For general information and concerns email [email protected].
|Darcy Kamau, Program Coordinator||770-528-1762||[email protected]|
|Tiffany Jones, Assistant Coordinator/Case Manager||770-528-1722||[email protected]|
|Richard Forrester, DUI Court Probation Officer||770-528-1798||[email protected]|
View photos of participants to the program and their success!