COVID-19 Requirements for Visitors
Face covering/mask required for all visitors entering the State Court Building.
If you have been ordered to appear in court, this brochure will provide important information that will assist you before your appearance. This information does not constitute legal advice. If you require legal assistance, please consult an attorney. For more information about specific court policies, or if you have any questions that are not covered in this brochure, please contact your local court clerk’s office.
Civil and Criminal Court Division
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Non Jury Trials
Civil: Monday 1:30 p.m.
Criminal: Thursday 9:00 a.m.
Dispossessories: Tuesday 9:00 a.m.
All calendars are subject to change. For civil case information call (770) 528-1219. For criminal case information call (770) 528-1263.
- Criminal Cases: The trial of criminal cases below the grade of felony.
- Civil Cases: The trial of civil cases without regard to the amount in controversy, except those actions in which exclusive jurisdiction is vested in the superior courts; such as divorce cases, cases involving title to land and cases involving equity issues.
- Warrants: The hearing of applications for and the issuance of arrest and search warrants.
- Inquiry: Holding of courts of inquiry.
- Contempt: The punishment of contempt by fine not exceeding $500.00 or by imprisonment not exceeding 20 days, or both.
- Review: A review of the decisions of other courts may be provided by law.
Pleas Calendar: Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m.
Trial Calendar: Monday - Thursday 1:30 p.m.
Trial Calendar: Friday 8:30 a.m.
Traffic courtroom 1A is located on the first floor. Traffic courtrooms 2A, 2B, 2C, and 2D and fine payment windows are located on the second floor of the State Court Building.
All persons scheduled to appear in traffic court should check the bulletin board located in the second floor lobby area for their courtroom assignment
Persons receiving traffic citations should appear on the day indicated on the citation at 8:30 a.m. for the purpose of entering a plea. If the person charged enters a not guilty plea they will be rescheduled for a return appearance for the purpose of a non-jury trial.
Persons charged with a traffic violation, that enter a not guilty plea will be rescheduled for a later day to return for their trial.
Persons charged with a traffic violation who plead guilty on their court day should be prepared to pay a fine that day.
Certain traffic violations are payable in advance of the court day. The officer issuing the citation should inform you if your offense is payable in advance, however, if you aren’t sure call (770) 528-2667. Please allow 5 calendar days from the time you were issued the citation before calling. Have your citation number available for reference.
Failure to Appear
Unexcused absence from court could result in a warrant being issued for your arrest.