Every new business, tenant, or building is required to have a Certificate of Occupancy. This certificate indicates that the building or tenant meets the minimum adopted building and fire codes.
Plan review is a step in the permitting process which usually leads to a Certificate of Occupancy. See checklists and other information related to plan review and permits for repair of fire protection systems.
All plan reviews are performed by appointment only. Schedule an appointment for plan review by using the online Plan Review Appointment Request button below. We strive to maintain a window of 10-14 business days for all plan reviews. This is subject to staffing levels and work load.
Effective March 1, 2019 all Plan Review Application fees must be paid at time of the first appointment or review.
Accepted forms of payment:
- Diners Club
- Apple Pay
Effective, Monday, March 6, 2017, all requests for plan review appointments must be scheduled through our online process.
Plan Review Resources
- Notice of Information Change
- Sublease Form
- Day Care Certificate of Occupancy Procedures
- Personal Care Home Certificate of Occupancy Procedures
- Community Living Arrangements Certificate of Occupancy Procedures
- Residential Care Acknowledgement Letter
- Tenant Space Build-out/Remodeled Certificate of Occupancy Procedures
- New Building Construction Certificate of Occupancy Procedures
- Sample Floor Plan
- Parking Structure Ventilation Requirements
- Sample Code Summary Outline
- Tent Plan Review Checklist
- Storage Occupancy/Storage Use Area Checklist
- Kiosk Checklist
- HVAC Only Permit
- NFPA 33 Spray Booth Checklist
- New Building Plan Review
- Plan Review Assembly Spaces
- Temporary Consumer Fireworks Retail Sales (T-CFRS) Stands
- Tenant Plan Review: Business & Mercantile- Over 3,000 sqft.
Fire Protection Systems
- NFPA 13/13R Fire Sprinkler Plan Review Checklist
- NFPA 13D - Plan Review Checklist
- Fire Sprinkler Limited Work Permit
- NFPA 14 - Standpipe Plan Review Checklist
- NFPA 17A - Wet Chemical: Limited Work Permit Form
- NFPA 96 - Kitchen Hood System
- NFPA 2001 - Clean Agent System - Plan Review Checklist
Commodity Protection Assessment
Owner's Information Certificate
- Sprinkler Plan Review - Blue Sheet
- Requirements for Sprinkler Systems
- Site Supervision Form