Down Payment Assistance Mortgage Program
The Housing Authority of Cobb County (the “Authority”) in mid-2019, undertook a program to impact the acquisition cost of single-family housing by providing tax-free down payment assistance through a program called Cobb County My Home DPA Program funds to qualifying purchasers of single-family residences in Cobb County (the “County”).
In addition to the program, the Authority makes an additional $10,000 tax-free cash grant to qualified employees (those who receive their paycheck from the County Board of Commissioners) purchasing a home in the County (“Additional DPA”).
There are maximum income limitations and maximum mortgage loan limitations. Detailed information on programs and the participating mortgage lenders is available at georgiabuyerdpa.com. To access the Cobb County My Home DPA program information on the website, visit georgiabuyerdpa.com/cobb.
- There is no first-time homebuyer requirement in this program.
- You must be qualified for a mortgage with an approved Cobb County My Home DPA Program Lender.
- You must meet income and loan amount limits.
- You must meet minimum credit score requirements and maximum debt-to-income (DTI) ratios.
- The home must be your principal residence (this cannot be an investment property).
- You must occupy the home within 60 days of closing.
New or existing residential, one-four units*, detached or attached, condos, townhomes . *Freddie Mac Loans - One Unit property ONLY. Homes are considered new if never previously occupied. Manufactured homes, mobile, recreational, seasonal or other types of vacation or non-permanent homes are not permitted. Land may not exceed the size required to maintain basic livability. Properties purchased in the program must be residential units.
Have you ever dreamed of owning a home? The Cobb County My Home DPA program offers a 30-year, fixed-rate first mortgage with down payment assistance and could make your dream a reality.