875 Riverside Parkway
Austell, GA 30168
CLOSED: MLK HOLIDAY (1/18/21)
South Cobb Aquatic Center will have water exercise, lap swimming, swim lessons and open swim at a limited capacity. As we move forward in re-opening, the hours and lap lanes availability may change to accommodate our programs. Swim lessons will return in the Fall with limited classes and limited class sizes (3/per class). Please check operation hours for swim times and programs!!!
Water Exercise Class Guidelines:
The maximum capacity will be 6 participants per class on a first come first serve basis. Please come dressed to avoid having crowds in the locker rooms for social distancing.
Swim Lessons Guidelines:
The maximum capacity will be 3 participants per class on a first come first serve basis by registration. There will be one instructor per class with lifeguards present pool side for safety and social distancing measures. Cobb County resident swim lessons registration will be September 11, 2020 @ 6pm and non-residents registration will be September 12, 2020 @ 8am. Please come dressed to avoid having crowds in the locker rooms for social distancing
Lap Swimming Guidelines:
Three lanes in the lap pool will be available for one person per lane for usage . Reservations for one hour blocks of time will be available online for one lane and must bring reservation receipt for reserved time. The other 2 lanes will be used on a first come first serve basis for walk-ins, but if they are full you will be asked to wait in your car until one becomes available.
Open Swim Guidelines:
(Monday - Friday)
The maximum capacity will be 50 patrons on a first come first serve basis. To meet Social Distancing guidelines groups , camps, birthday parties, and public 7 or more are not allowed during open swim hours.
(Saturday & Sunday)
The maximum capacity will be 50 patrons the first and second session on a first come first serve basis. To meet Social Distancing guidelines groups , camps, birthday parties, and public 7 or more are not allowed during open swim hours.
Please Note: : Pre-Screening checks before entering is required and usage of mask is highly recommended in the facility unless you’re in the water. We ask all swimmers to be prepared to swim when entering the facility and leave as soon as possible when done to minimize use of the locker rooms. Patrons must bring all personal items to the pool deck and have limited use of equipment.
Facility Coordinator: Mr. Kristian Humphries
Facility Programmer: Jabir Bashir
- A valid driver's license is required for all purchases (cash, credit and debit cards)
- An adult (over 18) must accompany all children under the age of 12
- Children under the age of 5 must be accompanied INTO the water by an ADULT
- The Aquatic Center reserves the right to change these hours with two weeks notice
- Please check at the front desk or call (770) 739-3180 for schedule changes
- All swimmers MUST wear proper swim attire
- All swimmers MUST shower before entering the pool
- All patrons must pay a daily fee in order to enter the natatorium (this includes Swimmers & Non-Swimmers)
- Patrons must follow all rules and guidelines of the facility
- All pool rules apply. Additional rules may apply at individual aquatic facilities.
- All applicable federal, state, and local regulations and ordinances apply to usage of this facility
- All patrons entering the facility must pay admission (including non-swimmers)
- Parents and /or guardians are responsible for their children in the facility at all times
- All patrons must enter through the locker rooms to enter the pool deck
- No food, drinks or glass allowed on pool deck
- Persons with open sores or rashes are not allowed in the pool
- No horseplay - actions such as running, pushing, splashing, shoving, spitting, spouting water and dunking are prohibited
- Children 11 and under must have an adult 18 years or older in a swimsuit at poolside with them at all times
- Children 5 and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older, in a swimsuit, in the water within arm’s reach of the child at all times
- Group ratios: children 7 or older have a maximum ratio of 9 children to one adult, 6 and under have a maximum ratio of 3 children to one adult
- All patrons going in the water must be in proper swim attire (swimsuit / swim trunks)
- Swimsuits are required: T-backs, cut offs, jean shorts, athletic shorts, sports bras, etc. are not permitted. A t-shirt may be worn over a bathing suit but due to safety reasons it prevents use of the slide and the diving board.
- Children 3 and under must wear a swim diaper and plastic/vinyl pants with elastic legs. Both of those items must be under a swimsuit
- Any child who cannot swim or who is in a lifejacket must have an adult in a swimsuit, within arm’s reach at all times
- No inflatable flotation devices. Only U.S. Coast Guard approved lifejackets are permitted
- Lifejackets are available for your use
- Swimmers with non-inflatable personal flotation devices such as lifejackets, step in suits with foam inserts, or other pre-approved step in suits must remain in the shallow end at all times
- Water wings, swimmies, floats, bathing suit rings, other inflatables, pool noodles, kick boards, toys, fins, snorkels and etc. are not permitted
- No sitting or hanging on the stairs and walls
- Patrons are prohibited from entering the water without a lifeguard present
- Must pass swim test (front crawl) to go off diving board
- Only one person and one bounce allowed when using diving board
- Goggles or any eye wear and t-shirt are not allowed on diving board
- Dive/jump straight off the end of the diving board. No backward jumps or dives.
- Diving is not permitted in the shallow water
- You must be 48-inches tall to ride the big slide
- Children with repeat offenses will be asked to sit for 5 minute duration by staff
- Smoking cigarettes, alcohol, and illegal drugs are prohibited in all Cobb County Parks Facilities
- Disregarding rules, profanity and disorderly conduct towards any patrons or staff will result in Cobb County Police being called and having you removed
- All rules are not posted so please act accordingly so we may provide a safe environment
Winter Schedule: November 8, 2020 - February 7, 2021
MLK HOLIDAY (1/18/21)
M - F
11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday ( Capacity 50 patrons)
Saturday & Sunday (Capacity 50 patrons)
Each Session will require a separate admission
2:00pm - 4:00pm
At the end of each session all patrons will exit from the pool deck immediately to avoid crowded locker rooms no exceptions.
Groups, camps, birthday parties, and public of 7 or more are not allowed during open swim hours.
A valid DRIVER'S LICENSE is required for all purchases (cash, credit and debit cards) No Exceptions!!!
|Children (ages 2-17)||Adults (ages 18-54)||Senior (ages 55+)|
Pool and Birthday Parties
Availability (No parties until further notice)
Rooms are available Saturdays and Sundays from 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm.
Parties may be booked in person on the following dates:
No parties for May & June.
- Parties are booked only during open swim times
- Must reserve parties in person and sign party contract
- Cobb Resident fee: $50
- Non-Cobb Resident : $75
- Pay for admission for guest the day of the party
- Party room for 1hr 30min and must be left as you found it.
- Maximum total shall not exceed 20 guest including kids and adults
- Fax or email your guests list the day before your party
- All adults and kids must be paid for swimmers and non-swimmers
- Party planner must pay for all guest upon arrival
- Party room fee non-refundable and non-transferable
- Children 5 and under must be accompanied into the water by an adult
- No food or drinks can be taken outside the room
- No balloons or inflatable devices allowed
- Birthday banner and table cloths decorations only and no alcohol allowed
- May only reserve one time per family, for one day, per booking
- All swimmers must wear proper swim attire (required)
- Parties are booked on a first come first serve basis
|Facility Fee (Credit/Cash)||$150/hr||$225/hr|
|Lifeguards Fee (Cash only)||$80/hr||$80/hr|
Facility fee is due the day the reservation is made or 30 days prior to the date of your reservation and the lifeguard fee will be due in cash the day of the party upon arrival. All parties are with a 2-hour minimum on Saturday and Sunday after Open Swim.
Private Rental Information
Private Rental Information: Rules and Guidelines
- Dates and times will be only confirmed with a signed contract
- Birthday Parties-Group Functions-Banquets
- No advertisement or no admission fees allowed
- Cobb County provides 5 lifeguards
- Teenagers and adult parties require Security
- No DJ’s but you may have a music device
- Exceeding end time will be an additional hourly fee
- All guests must follow the rules and guidelines of the facility
- No balloons
- Minimal decorations
- Set up 30 minutes prior to start time and party must end at designated time
- Facility clean up should begin 30 minutes prior to and completed by designated end time
Are you looking for a fun way to get into shape, while using the qualities of water? Buoyancy enables one to do aerobic exercise with minimum strain. Resistance of the water helps tone muscles and quickly build endurance. Movement of the joints is greatly improved in the water, making aqua-aerobics an excellent program for those with arthritis, back problems or other medical conditions.
For information regarding aqua-aerobics, contact us at (770) 739-3180.
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 9:50am
10:00am - 10:50am
|6 participants only for each class|
Shallow water workout - Low impact, mid to high intensity to get blood flowing. A good aerobic workout with muscle toning.
Deep water workout - Enjoy a deep water workout that has no impact on the joints, yet high intensity to burn calories, very cardiovascular, add a little body sculpting and you have a total body workout.
$4.50 Per Class ($6.75 non-residents)
Ten Visit Pass $45.00 ($67.50 non-residents)
$2.00 Per Class ($3.00 non-residents)
Ten Visit Pass $20.00 ($30.00 non-residents)
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Program
South Cobb Aquatic Center offers a program to train participants to be safe and effective professional lifeguards. For more information, call (770) 739-3180.
You must come to the facility and do prerequisite skills before registering.