- Monday, September 2nd - Closed for Labor Day
- Saturday, October 5th - Closed for Stingrays Swim Meet
- Friday, November 1st - Close at 2:00pm for Cobb County High School Time Trials Swim Meet
- Saturday, November 2nd - Closed for Cobb County High School Relay Swim Meet
- Saturday, November 9th - Closed for Stingrays Swim Meet
- Saturday, November 16th - Close at 12:30pm for Lassiter High School Swim Meet
- Friday, November 22nd - Close at 2:00pm for Marlins Invitational Swim Meet
- Saturday, November 23rd - Closed for Marlins Invitational Swim Meet
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the same lane when using the lap pool.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the swimming pools.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the facility
- All swimmers must wear appropriate swimming attire.
- Ask the front desk or call (770) 509-4925 for schedule change information.
- Please check the schedule for pool closings.
Are you looking for a fun way to get into shape, while using the qualities of water? Buoyancy enables one to do aerobic exercise with minimum strain. The resistance of the water helps tone muscles and quickly build endurance. Movement of the joints is greatly improved in the water, making aqua-aerobics an excellent program for those with arthritis, back problems or other medical conditions.
Deep Water Aerobics—Enjoy a deep water workout that has no impact on the joints, yet high intensity to burn calories...very cardiovascular...add a little body sculpting and you have a total body workout. (Prior experience recommended, taught in the lap pool.)
Shallow Water Aerobics — Low impact, mid to high intensity to get blood flowing. A good aerobic workout that combines cardio, muscle toning, strength and stretching.
Arthritis: Work your joints from head to toe in this non-aerobic workout. No impact and rebounding off of the bottom of the pool. American Arthritis Association guidelines followed.
Adaptive Aquatics: Expect low impact exercises with light aerobics. Focus is on range of motion , endurance, balance, working joints, and fun! Those with M.S. and Arthritis are welcome!
Strength and Stretch: Twenty Five minutes of the class is taught in the Deep Water working on all over Body Strength. Great for those that are interested in the Deep Water Aerobics class, this is a good intro. Features deep water instruction for 25 mins, then twenty minutes in the Shallow Water focusing on Stretching, Range of Motion, doing Pilates movements. (Intermediate to Advance level class— you must be confident and comfortable in Deep Water.)
Water Yoga: Basic Yoga poses are incorporated into the aquatic environment with the use of a simple noodle for balance. This type of yoga is not a pretzel-like contortion but a concentration of mind to the muscle to increase your overall feeling of well-being. Balance and flexibility will be enhanced with the practice of water yoga. You are able to hold poses longer with greater flexibility with the assistance of the water.
|Aerobics (Shallow Water)||Monday - Friday||8:00 am - 8:55 am|
|Tuesday & Thursday||10:00 am - 10:55 am|
|Monday - Friday||6:00 pm - 6:55 pm|
|Aerobics (Deep Water)||Monday - Friday||9:00 am - 9:55 am|
|Water Yoga||Wednesday||9:00 am - 9:45 am|
|Strength and Stretch||Monday and Friday||9:00am - 9:45am|
|Arthritis||Monday, Wednesday, Friday||10:00am - 10:55am|
|Adaptive Aquatics & Arthritis||Monday, Wednesday, Friday||11:00am - 11:55am|
$4.50 Per Class ($6.75 non-residents)
Ten Visit Pass $45.00 ($67.50 non-residents)
$2.00 Per Class ($3.00 non-residents)
Ten Visit Pass $20.00 ($30.00 non-residents)
Mountain View Aquatics reserves the right to limit the number of patrons participating in each class. No participants will be allowed to join a class 10 minutes past the class start time. All participants must sign in for every class. All instructors are certified.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Program
Mountain View Aquatic Center offers a program to train participants to be safe and effective professional lifeguards.
For more information, call (770) 509-4925.