Christa Flint, Administrative Assistant
(678) 581-5407 (Fax)
Matthew Freedman, Staff Attorney
Alison Jordan, Court Reporter
Click to watch live court hearings
Julie Beazel Flournoy
Judge Flournoy, III was born August 22, 1952 in Atlanta, Georgia. He moved to Marietta in 1957, and attended the Marietta Public School System. He graduated from Marietta High School in 1970.
- University of GA – BBA, 1974. Magna Cum Laude, Beta Gamma Sigma & Phi Kappa Phi
- University of GA – J.D., 1979. Cum Laude
- University of Nevada, National Judicial College: Graduated, 2001
Judge Flournoy, III engaged in the private practice of law in Cobb County for 20 years at 236 Washington Avenue Marietta, Georgia 30060 handling general, civil, and criminal trial and appellate cases in all courts, with a concentration in family law matters. He was appointed by Governor Barnes on July 14, 2000, to fill the Ninth Superior Court Judgeship. Judge Flournoy was elected without opposition in 2002, 2006, 2010, 2014 and 2018.
- Vice Chairman of Board of Trustees – Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art (1998 – 2000)
- Past Member and Chairman – Downtown Marietta Development Authority (1990-2000) and Board of Historic Review
- Former Member of the Board of Directors – Premier Bancshares, listed on (1997 – 2000) New York Stock Exchange
- Founding Member of Board of Directors – First Alliance Bank (1985 – 1997) Chairman, Audit Committee
- Judge Flournoy, III is a Member of the Marietta Kiwanis Club, the First United Methodist Church, and the State Bar of GA, Cobb Bar Assoc., and GA Trial Lawyers Assoc.
- Cobb County Judge of the Year 2005
- Jimmy Berry Champion of Justice Award 2015
- Chief Judge, Cobb Judicial Circuit - October 2010 - December 2012