Method of Payment
Court ordered restitution will be disbursed within approximately 30 days from the day that it is paid into the Court. This money will be mailed to the victim/recipient at his/her last known address. If you have restitution owed to you by this Court it is extremely important to notify the Court in writing of any change of address.
*Payable citations may be paid via the Internet by accessing the online ticket payment site
Please note if paying in person by credit card, the cardholder must appear in person to sign the charge slip. Must have photo ID.
A cash bond may be refunded only after a case is completed and all paperwork is signed by a Judge. A case is considered completed once the defendant has either gone before the judge and been sentenced, adjudicated not guilty, or the case has been dismissed. A cash bond can be refunded only to the person who posted the bond and whose name appears on the bond receipt. That person needs to bring the pink copy of the bond receipt (received at the time the bond was posted) to the Accounting Division located on the 3rd floor of the Public Safety Building. Proper Photo I.D. is required to receive a bond refund. Once this criteria is met, your bond will be refunded by check.
Garnishment funds will be disbursed to the Plaintiff’s attorney, or to the Plaintiff if they are not represented by an attorney. Garnishment funds must be held for 20 days. After 20 days and provided that the proper paperwork has been filed, the Clerk will automatically disburse this money and mail it to the last known address of the Plaintiff’s attorney/Plaintiff. If you have a garnishment case pending with this Court it is extremely important to notify the Court in writing of any change of address.
|Abandoned Motor Vehicle||$15.00|
|Appeal Cost *||See Below|
|Certified Copies (stamp and seal)||$2.50|
|Civil Action Suits
Sheriff's Entry of Service per defendant (Small Claim)
|Copies (each page)||$0.10|
|Department of Public Safety Letter||$5.00|
|Dispossessory - Evictions
Sheriff's Entry of Service per defendant (Dispossessory)
|Fifa and Recording Cost (alias)||$6.00|
|Fifa Issuing and Fifa Recording on General Execution Docket||$6.00|
|Fifa Rush Recording Fee (paid directly to Superior Court)||$5.50|
Sheriff's Entry of Service
|Interrogatories (out of county)
Sheriff's Entry of Service per defendant
|Mechanic Liens (owner and mechanics)||$56.50|
|Personal Property Foreclosure
Sheriff's Entry of Service (Personal Property Foreclosure)
|Service by Publication (Marietta Daily Journal)||$80.00|
|Bad Check Application||$20.00|
* Appeal Cost: Must be paid at the time of filing to both Magistrate Court and to either State or Superior Court.
- Magistrate Court Cost: dependent upon cost of original civil filing.
- If appealed to State Court: A money order, cash, or attorney's check for $199.00 made payable to Cobb County State Court.
- If appealed to Superior Court: A money order, cash, or attorney's check for $216.00 made payable to Cobb County Superior Court.
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Civil: Credit Cards, Cash, Business Check, Money Order or Certified Check
- Warrant and Bad check application: Cash only
- Dismissal and Bad check payoff: Cash, Credit Card, Money Order or Certified Check
- Ordinance: Credit Card, Cash, Money Order or Certified Check
A $4.00 fee will be added per case for using credit cards.