Yarn Storm 2022; calling all knitters and crocheters #WorldElderAbuseAwarenessDay
Cobb County Government together with the Cobb District Attorney's Office and LiveSafe Resources are working on a Yarn Storm project in recognition of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 15, 2022.
We are accepting donations of knitted or crocheted 6-inch squares and 10-inch squares to represent our elders. All handcrafted items will be used to install yarn-covered displays for World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 15. These squares can be any color or design. All yarn crafted items must be received by Wednesday, June 8.
Drop off your completed to squares to 100 Cherokee St. in Marietta. There will be a collection box located inside the building for your donations.
Other drop off locations include
• Cobb Senior Wellness Center, 1150 Powder Springs Street, Marietta, GA 30064
• Freeman Poole Senior Center, 4025 South Hurt Road, Smyrna, GA 30082
• N. Cobb Senior Center, 3900 South Main Street (inside Kennworth Park), Acworth, GA 30101
• Tim D. Lee Senior Center, 3332 Sandy Plains Road, Marietta, GA 30066
• W. Cobb Senior Center, 4915 Dallas Hwy, Powder Springs, GA 30127
Or you can mail your completed squares to Cobb County Communications Office, 100 Cherokee St, Suite 130, Marietta GA 30090.
For additional information, please visit www.cobbcounty.org/WEAAD
Cobb County Communications Office