Cobb County Youth Commission 2023-24 applications open
High school students in grades 9 - 11 can apply now for the 2023-24 Cobb County Youth Commission. The program provides an opportunity to learn about the inner workings of local government, engage in civic affairs, and become leaders of change in the community. It is also a prestigious experience to add to resumes and college applications.
In addition to the application, students need to provide a letter of recommendation from a community member such as a teacher, counselor, principal, religious leader, or community leader who has known the applicant for at least one year.
Applications and references are due no later than 5 p.m. on Oct. 27.
In previous years, students have designed service projects, town halls, met and engaged with community leaders, and took a trip to the state capitol.
- Jan. 25, 6:30 - 8 p.m. - Public Safety
- Feb. 29, 6:30 - 8 p.m. - Youth town hall meeting
- March 14, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. - PARKS
- April 25, 6:30 - 8 p.m. - Department of Transportation
- May 18, (Daytime) time TBD. Culminating service project designed by the Youth Commission class
- May 28, 6 p.m. Graduation Ceremony and recognition at the Board of Commissioners Meeting
2023-2024 Youth Commission Application Link: https://tinyurl.com/ccyouthcommission23-24