If you're looking to improve your game or just want to learn how to play, we have classes and programs to fit your needs.
3900 South Main Street NW
Acworth, GA 30101
Facility Manager: Mark Kirk
Assistant Manager: Megan Kimmel
- William Fawcett
- Zwelo Khupe
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Kennworth has 8 lighted hard courts and a pro-shop building. Located in northwest Cobb, Kennworth is convenient to the Town Center area of Cobb. Kennworth has a growing junior development program and is host to several tournaments though-out the year.
Satellite tennis court locations:
- Skip Wells Park (formerly Bells Ferry Park) (4 courts)
- Big Shanty Park (4 courts)
- Shaw Park (4 courts)
Contact Kennworth Tennis Center for information regarding these satellite tennis court locations.
Meet the Kennworth Staff
Mark Kirk - Facility Manager
Mark has worked for the Cobb tennis program for 20+ years with experience as a facility manager and teaching professional. He has previously managed Terrell Mill Tennis Center and has taught at Fair Oaks and Kennworth Tennis Centers. He is a certified USTA tournament official.
William Fawcett - Staff Professional
William played tennis at the University of Findlay and has been teaching tennis for the past 14 years. William has taught many students ranging from beginners to high school tournament players. He has taught City Championship teams and tournament players ranked in the state, south and nation. He has helped students reach the college level.
Learn to play tennis! We offer tennis classes for entry level beginners. If you ever wanted to learn to play tennis, this is where you begin.
- Registration begins January 27th at 9am.
- Online registration available.
- Classes begin the weeks of February 24th and April 13th.
- Classes meet 1 hour per week (1/2 hour for tots classes) for 6 weeks.
- Cost: $72 ($108 for non-residents)
- Tots Classes: $36 ($54 for non-residents)
Taught by Head Tennis Professional, William Fawcett, USPTA
- Mondays 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - drills and round robin (cost $15)
- Wednesdays 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm - C level drills (cost $10)
- Thursdays 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm - A&B level drills (cost $10)
- Fridays 6:15 pm - 6:45 pm - Adult cardio tennis (cost $5)
- Fridays 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm - Tennis round robin (cost $5)
- Private lessons - $50 per hour / $90 package of 2 hours
Contact William Fawcett at (770) 265-3599 or e-mail [email protected] to reserve your spot.
Players looking to join an ALTA or USTA team can fill out this general information form to be placed on a contact list. Teams are formed every season.
Court Reservation Form - use this form to request a site as your courts for your league team for the upcoming season.
- rules and policies for all teams participating at a Cobb County park tennis facility. All team members are required to be aware and abide by the rules.
Team Practice Request Form - for teams requesting a regular weekly time for team practice. Fees must be paid when submitting the form. Check with facility manager for availability.
(winter season only) - same as above, but for December, January and February only.