Adopt-A-Stream Macroinvertebrate Monitoring Workshop
Learn how to sample the biological aspects of a stream. The macroinvertebrates (insects, mollusks, & crustaceans) found in a stream are excellent indicators of the condition of both water quality and habitat. This workshop will focus on collection techniques for either rocky or muddy bottom streams and macroinvertebrate identification. A quality assurance test is available at the end of the workshop for those who wish to test their skills. Volunteers who identify the macroinvertebrates with 90% accuracy and pass the written test with a score of 80% or better will be considered a QA/QC volunteer for one year.
Concord Rd Silver Comet Trail Parking Lot
140 Concord Road
Smyrna, GA 30082
- Equipment will be sanitized between all events and during events as needed.
- Group sizes have been reduced.
- Increased hygiene and hand washing prior to and during events.
- Physical distance mandatory during event.
- Masks are strongly encouraged and will be worn by instructors.
Watershed Stewardship Program
email: [email protected]