Adopt-A-Stream Chemical Monitoring Workshop
- Wed, 11/03/2021 - 06:30 PM - 09:00 PM
Chemical Monitoring Workshop for Quality Assurance
The Chemical Monitoring workshop is designed to teach volunteers about basic stream water chemistry and how to conduct the chemical tests using hand-held field equipment. The tests that volunteers are asked to conduct include dissolved oxygen, conductivity, pH, and temperature. Volunteers are given a field test and written test to assess their ability to collect accurate and precise data. Volunteers who collect data within 10% accuracy and pass the written test with a score of 80% or better will be considered a QA/QC volunteer for one year.
Location: Water Quality Lab 662 South Cobb Drive, Marietta
Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/georgia-adopt-a-stream-chemical-monitoring-workshop-tickets-21068628836
- Equipment will be sanitized between all events and during events as needed.
- Group sizes have been reduced.
- Increased hygiene and hand washing prior to and during events.
- Physical distance is mandatory during event.
- Masks are strongly encouraged and will be worn by instructors.
Watershed Stewardship Program
email: [email protected]