Adopt-A-Stream Bacteria Monitoring Workshop
Bacterial Monitoring Workshop for Quality Assurance
The Bacterial Monitoring Workshop will teach volunteers how to monitor E. coli levels in their streams. E. coli is an indicator organism that is often used to assess the water quality. Monitoring levels of E. coli can help identify possible sources of pollution. This workshop will focus on proper collection of a water sample; transfer of sample onto plates that will be incubated, and proper interpretation of results. Volunteers who successfully perform the bacterial monitoring and pass the written test with a score of 90% or better will be considered a QA/QC volunteer for one year.
- Equipment will be sanitized between all events and during events as needed.
- Group sizes have been reduced.
- Increased hygiene and hand washing prior to and during events.
- Physical distance mandatory during event.
- Masks are strongly encouraged and will be worn by instructors.