Volunteer Outreach Training Session 4 – Household Hazardous Wastes and Fats, Oils and Grease
About this Event
Volunteer Outreach Training Session 4 – Household Hazardous Wastes and Fats, Oils and Grease – 1.5 hours. This workshop is the fourth of a series of six sessions designed to train Outreach Volunteers, who will be serving the community by supporting Cobb Water’s engagement in public outreach events. In the first part of the training session, outreach volunteers will learn the major examples of household hazardous wastes and be able to explain how it affects our watersheds. Together we will cover how to manage and properly dispose of household hazardous waste products, and learn about any resources and services in the Cobb County that support proper HHW management. In the second part of the session, volunteers will also learn about how fats, oils and grease impact our water system and related best practices to manage it. Each interactive training session combines both live activities or demonstrations along with a traditional presentation.
Location: Cobb County Water Quality Lab, 662 South Cobb Drive, Marietta
Registration for the trainings is now CLOSED. To join the waitlist to be notified of when the next trainings will be available, please visit: https://www.cobbcounty.org/water/education/volunteer/outreach-volunteer-program
- Equipment will be sanitized before, during and after events.
- In-person group sizes have been reduced to not exceed 10 people.
- Additional attendees, or attendees who make a special request will be accommodated by being offered the opportunity to attend virtually.
- Increased hygiene and hand washing encouraged prior to and during events.
- Physical distance mandatory during event.
Masks will be required to be worn at all times and will be worn by instructors.
Water Efficiency Program