Volunteer Outreach Training Session 2 – Watersheds and Nonpoint Source Pollution
- Tue, 03/23/2021 - 06:30 PM - 08:00 PM
About this Event
Volunteer Outreach Training Session 2 – Watersheds and NPS Solution – 1.5 hours. This workshop is the second of a series of six sessions designed to train Outreach Volunteers, who will be serving the community by supporting Cobb Water’s engagement in public outreach events. In this training session, outreach volunteers will learn about watersheds, how they work, and how water quality is linked to their condition. Participants will also learn about one of the leading sources of water pollution, non-point source pollution, and ways to prevent it in our community. Each interactive training session combines both live activities or demonstrations along with a traditional presentation.
Location: Cobb County Water Quality Lab, 662 South Cobb Drive, Marietta
Registration for the trainings is now CLOSED. To join the waitlist to be notified of when the next trainings will be available, please visit: https://www.cobbcounty.org/water/education/volunteer/outreach-volunteer-program
- Equipment will be sanitized before, during and after events.
- In-person group sizes have been reduced to not exceed 10 people.
- Additional attendees, or attendees who make a special request will be accommodated by being offered the opportunity to attend virtually.
- Increased hygiene and hand washing encouraged prior to and during events.
- Physical distance mandatory during event.
- Masks will be required to be worn at all times and will be worn by instructors.
Water Efficiency Program