Adopt-A-Stream Chemical Monitoring Workshop
Chemical Monitoring Workshop for Quality Assurances
About this Event
The Chemical Monitoring workshop is designed to teach volunteers about basic stream water chemistry and how to conduct the chemical tests using hand-held field equipment. The tests that volunteers are asked to conduct includes dissolved oxygen, conductivity, pH, and temperature. Volunteers are given a field test and written test to assess their ability to collect accurate and precise data. Volunteers who collect data within 10% accuracy and pass the written test with a score of 80% or better will be considered a QA/QC volunteer for one year.
Cobb County Water Quality Lab
662 South Cobb Drive
Marietta, GA 30060
Register for this event here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/georgia-adopt-a-stream-chemical-monitoring-workshop-tickets-21068628836
- Equipment will be sanitized between all events and during events as needed.
- Group sizes have been reduced to not exceed 10 people.
- Increased hygiene and hand washing prior to and during events.
- Physical distance mandatory during event.
- Masks are strongly encouraged and will be worn by instructors.