Adopt-A-Stream Chemical Monitoring Workshop
The Chemical Monitoring workshop is designed to teach volunteers about basic stream water chemistry and how to conduct the chemical tests using hand-held field equipment. The tests that volunteers are asked to conduct include dissolved oxygen, conductivity, pH, and temperature. Volunteers are given a field test and written test to assess their ability to collect accurate and precise data. Volunteers who collect data within 10% accuracy and pass the written test with a score of 80% or better will be considered a QA/QC volunteer for one year.
Masks strongly encouraged. Click here to register for the workshop.
- Equipment will be sanitized between all events and during events as needed.
- Group sizes have been reduced to not exceed 10 people.
- Increased hygiene and hand washing prior to and during events.
- Physical distance mandatory during event.
- Masks are strongly encouraged and will be worn by instructors.