Emergency Assistance Available
Are you 55 years or older and need emergency financial assistance? You may be eligible to receive limited financial assistance for utilities or past-due rent.
Senior Services is NOT a provider of the Cobb County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERA).
- Must be 55 years or older and a resident of Cobb to apply.
- Must provide a valid GA ID and Social Security card for everyone living in the household.
- Household GROSS income must be below 200% of federal poverty guidelines and lack sufficient resources to maintain permanent housing.
- Must provide proof of EMERGENCY situation(s) includes source documents, such as medical documentation, unemployment compensation statement, bank statement, utility bill showing arrears, etc.
- Assistance can only be provided ONE-TIME.
- No assistance may be provided for pre-paid utility, telephone, internet service and cable television etc.
- All balances due must be verified.
- Lease or utilities must be established in the applicant’s or spouse’s name.
- You MUST call to be screened in order to determine eligibility for assistance.
Please call 770-528-5364 for additional information