Changes Coming to CSS Memberships
Per the Cobb County Board of Commissioners' vote on July 23, 2019, membership ended effective October 1, 2019, for Cobb County residents.
Non-residents will continue to be charged an annual user fee of $90 beginning January 2020. This fee is to be paid in one payment, not monthly. The fee may be prorated to the end of the year (i.e. those paying in April will pay $67.50 or $7.50 x 9 months) and must be renewed at the beginning of each new calendar year. This user fee is not subject to refunds.
For more information regarding these changes, check out frequently asked questions below:
General Information and Changes
Beginning October 1, you will be given a pro-rated credit for 100% of your unused membership as of September 30, 2019. This credit may be applied when registering for any trip, class or event offered by Cobb Senior Services. Credits are non-transferable and expire on February 14, 2020.
You will have the period of October 1- November 15, 2019 to file a request for a refund.
Please see staff at the senior center for details on the process. If you do not file a request for a refund by November 15, 2019, you will automatically be issued a credit for your membership balance. This credit is non-transferable and expires on February 14, 2020.
Please allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for the refund process to be completed.
No credits or refunds will be available to those on scholarship.
All current prices are in effect thru December 31, 2019. However, effective January 1, 2020, prices for all classes, events and trips will be the same for Cobb residents and Non-residents, with Non-residents paying the required $90 annual user fee.
No. The $90 annual user fee is not required if you only take trips and do not participate in any other activity at a senior center. Effective January 1, 2020, non-residents will pay $10 more than Cobb residents for all trips.
Non-residents who have paid the $90 annual user fee will pay the same rate for trips as Cobb residents.
The pricing for activities at Cobb Senior Services will be reviewed on an annual basis; adjustments will be made as deemed necessary and approved by the Board of Commissioners.
If you do not have a CSS card, please inquire at the front desk of a senior center. The first card is free, and replacement cards are $5 each.
Yes. Everyone participating in any activity at our senior centers must obtain a CSS card and swipe it when they enter the building. This includes classes and events, card games, ping pong, billiards, board games, woodcarving, knitting/crochet, quilting or other “ongoing activities”.
By swiping your CSS card, you are assisting us in maintaining an accurate count of how many people are using each center on any given day.
*If you do not have a CSS card, please inquire at the front desk of a senior center. The first card is free; replacement cards are $5 each.
Yes, your CSS card is still accepted at the businesses listed on the sheet provided at the centers and on the Membership FAQ page.
No. Cobb County employees, retirees and spouses age 55+ will not have to pay the $90 user fee. Please present a letter from Human Resources verifying current or past employment with Cobb County.
Use your Cobb Senior Services card at some local businesses to receive a discount on products or services. Below is the current list; Be sure to check back as we are adding businesses weekly! Discounts subject to change.
- Avis 15% on every rental Mondays & Tuesday (1721 Powder Springs St, SW)
- Firestone 10% (1100 Powder Springs St, SW, Marietta)
- Auto Zone 10% (1185 Powder Springs St, SW, Marietta)
- O’Reilly Auto Parts 3% off everything (1211 Powder Springs St)
- Mr. Transmission $100 off transmission overhaul; $10 other services (Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs (404) 843-3379)
- KAMS Auto Service Center 10% off parts up to $50 (4978 N Cobb Pkwy, Acworth 770-529-0330)
- The Book Worm 10% off purchase (4451 Marietta St, Powder Springs)
- The Book Exchange 15% off purchase (2932 Canton Rd, #220, Marietta)
- Book Warehouse of Atlanta-Woodstock 15% off, excludes bestsellers & clearance (915 Ridgewalk Pkwy, Ste B250 Woodstock)
- Lizards & Lollipops $5 off $25 pre-tax purchase (Marietta Square)
- Rhinos & Rhinestones $10 off $50 pre-tax purchase (Marietta Square)
- Indigo & Oak Clothing and Décor 15% (2960 Shallowford Rd, Marietta)
- Options Designs Clothing Boutique 20% off $50; 10% under $50 (67 Church St on Marietta Square
Food and Drink
- Bojangle’s 10% (4071 Cherokee St, (Kennesaw) and 12100 Hwy 92 at Trickum Rd, (Woodstock)
- The Cenacle Coffee Shop 15% (2844 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Austell)
- Huey Luey’s 10% (3338 Cobb Pkwy, Acworth)
- Goldberg’s Fine Foods 10% (1062 Johnson Ferry Rd (Marietta) and 4383 Roswell Rd, (Atlanta)
- Chicago’s 5% every day (4401 Shallowford Rd, Roswell)
- Dominos Pizza 25% off any purchase (Powder Springs Street location only)
- Marlow’s Tavern 25% off Monday lunch or dinner; food only (2960 Shallowford Rd, Marietta)
- Lolita’s Parlour 10% off any purchase (1147 Powder Springs St, Marietta)
- Salt & Pepper Cafe 10% off any purchase (Bentwater Village, Cedarcrest Rd, Acworth)
- Marco's Pizza 20% off; cannot be combined with other offers (2986 Johnson Ferry Rd, Marietta)
- City Farmers Market $10 gift card when sign up for VIP program (1167 Powder Springs St)
- Nature’s Corner Market 5% off purchases (3960 Mary Eliza Trace, Marietta)
- Nature's Pick Market 5% off all purchases Plus $5 off $25 for new customers in Rewards Program (660-Whitlock Ave, Marietta 30064)
Health and Beauty
- Pearl’s Spa 10% (4827 S. Main St, Acworth)
- ReActive Chiropractic 50% off initial exam; 15% off regular office visits (1600 Kennesaw Due West)
- Mary Kay-Roberta Francisco 15% off (678) 355-7079
- West Cobb Chiropractic 50% off initial exam; 25% off regular visits, 15% off nutrition consultation & supplements (5041 Dallas Hwy, Powder Springs)
- Hair Art Salon & Spa $5 off hair cut with Camille or $10 off haircut with Camille (81 Church St, Marietta)
- Extravaganza 10% on Wednesdays (1115 Powder Springs ST, SW, Marietta)
- Studio Bungee 25% off packages (999 Whitlock Ave, Ste 3, Marietta)
- Pure Wax Brazilian Body & Brow Studio 10% off (2500 Dallas Hwy, Marietta 30064)
Home and Gifts
- Olea Olive 10% on Wednesdays & Thursdays (4475 Roswell Rd, Ste 1000)
- Doodlebugz $5 off $25 pre-tax purchases (Marietta Square)
- Real McCoy Home Care $100 off first 40 hours of service (realmccoyhc.com or (404) 536-1016)
- Comforting Arms 10% off tuition for Family Caregiving Class ((678) 819-3775 or ComfortingArms.com)
- Trinity Life at Home 5% off entire bill after 50 hours, including home care or private duty skilled nursing (trinitylifeathome.com or 678-731-0831)
Home Modifications and Equipment
- Blue Moose Elevators $500 of Stiltz Elevators (bluemooseelevators.com or (770) 891-4442)
- 101 Mobility $100 off straight stair lift; $200 off custom stair or wheel chair lift (Atlanta.101mobility.com)
- AmeriGlide of Marietta $25 off lift chairs/scooters; $200 off straight stair lifts $250 off curve stair or vertical platform lifts (1730 Cumberland Point Dr, Ste 9, Marietta)
- Hurley Elder Care Law $100 of elder care consultation, normally $400 (100 Galleria Pkwy, Ste 650, Atlanta)
- Orcutt Law Offices, LLC 10% off real estate planning services (2959 Cherokee St, Ste 203, Kennesaw)
- Due West Pharmacy 10% off non-prescription items (3880 Due West Rd, Marietta)
- East Marietta Pharmacy 10% off non-prescription items (1480 Roswell Rd, Marietta)
- Mableton Pharmacy 10% off non-prescription items (5390 Floyd Rd, Mableton)
- Woodstock Pharmacy 10% off non-prescription items (8612 E, Main St, Woodstock)
Compass Self Storage 10% off rent for 3 months (3280 Dallas Hwy, Marietta 30064)
Imagine Going There Travel $200 shipboard credit for new Viking booking (also apply to bookings made directly with Viking if booked within the last 60 days). (770-421-9627)
Cleaning (Carpets, Clothes, Furniture, Rugs)
- Ritz Cleaners 15% off $25 or more of dry cleaning (3600 Dallas Hwy, Marietta 30064)
- Cole’s Cleaners 30% off dry cleaning only, excluding household items (3405 Dallas Hwy, Marietta 30064)
- All-Star Chem-Dry 10% off carpet/furniture/rug cleaning; Tile/stone/grout cleaning & sealing (770-425-6999)
- The Flood Medix 10% off insurance claim for water, smoke, fire damage; mold remediation (770-425-6999)
- West Cobb Tailor & Cleaners 10% off minimum $20 dry cleaning (2500 Dallas Hwy, #220, Marietta)
If you have a question, comment or would like more information regarding termination of CSS membership, please contact your commissioner or the Public Services Agency director:
Board of Commissioners
Mike Boyce, Chairman
Keli Gambrill, District 1
Bob Ott, District 2
JoAnn Birrell, District 3
Lisa Cupid, District 4
Public Services Agency
William Tanks, Director