Emergency Financial Assistance for Seniors
Are you 55 years or older and need emergency financial assistance due to utility disconnection or facing eviction? You may be eligible to receive limited financial assistance.
1. Must be 55 years or older and a resident of Cobb to apply for assistance.
2. Must provide a valid GA ID and Social Security card for everyone living in the household.
3. Household GROSS income must be below 200% of federal poverty guidelines and lack sufficient resources to maintain permanent housing. • Must provide proof of EMERGENCY situation(s) includes source documents, such as medical documentation, notice of termination from employment, unemployment compensation statement, bank statement, utility bill showing arrears, etc.
4. Assistance can only be provided one-time.
5. **Emergency funds may be used to pay rental deposit, past due rent, utility deposit, disconnection notice, payments to an extended stay motel if primary residence for a minimum of 6 consecutive months or longer. No assistance may be provided for pre-paid utility, telephone, internet service and cable television etc. • All balances due must be verified.
• The lease or utilities must be in the applicant’s or spouse’s name.
6. You MUST call to be screened in order to determine eligibility for assistance.
7. NO WALK-INS accepted at this time.
Please call Cobb Senior Services at 770-528-5364.